Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2016 Canada 20 Dollar 1-oz Silver Baronial Eagle NGC Early Releases PF69UCAM
Celebrating One of Canada’s Most Iconic Birds
Canada’s vast wilderness is home to countless species of birds and other animals. One that stands out among them is the baronial bald eagle. The majestic creature has a two-meter wingspan, which is matched by the diameter of its nest, the largest of any North American bird. The imposing figure serves as a symbol of honor, power, and wisdom. It flies swiftly through the air and poaches its prey with swooping descents and deadly speed. This 1-oz Silver 2016 Canada Baronial Eagle captures this bird in all of its glory with one colorized and one engraved bird.
- FOUR NINE FINE WITH PROOF FINISH – Each 2016 1-oz Silver Baronial Bald Eagle coin was struck from 99.99% fine silver at the Royal Canadian Mint. The coin has a proof finish that accentuates the majesty of this master of the skies.
- TWO STUNNING LOOKS AT THE POWERFUL FIGURE – The reverse design includes two looks at baronial bald eagles in their natural habitat. One image is colorized and shows the bird with its wings spread out at full stretch as it lands on a high branch. It provides a stunning look at the bird’s face, which looks determined as ever. The engraved eagle stands nearby at rest, showing its quiet power over all that it sees.
- CANADIAN LEGAL TENDER -- Each 2016 1-oz Silver Baronial Bald Eagle Proof is $20 Canadian legal tender, as noted at the top of the reverse. In addition to being home to one of the world’s elite mints, which produces countless series for a wide range of collectors, Canada is home to breathtaking scenery, which includes endless forests, deep blue lakes, and stunning shorelines.
- CERTIFIED NEAR-FLAWLESS -- Your coin will be graded Proof-69 Ultra Cameo (PF69UC) by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC), a distinction that means your almost-flawless coin will showcase an impressive full strike and indistinguishable imperfections -- well above and beyond the quality of the vast majority of coins in the series.
- LIMITED MINTAGE – While bird coins tend to be extremely popular, the Royal Canadian Mint struck just 6,500 pieces in this mintage.
The national bird of the United States also dominates the Canadian skies in much of the country’s vast wilderness. While some consider its familiar name, ‘bald eagle,’ a misnomer because the bird has approximately 7,200 feathers, the term ‘bald’ actually comes from ‘piebald,’ meaning something that has patches of two colors. The bird’s majestic look and awe-inspiring power make it a true wonder of nature, so it is fitting that it was selected for this series. Between the stunning artistry of Glen Loates and the fact that this coin features an important bird for two countries, this piece will not be available for long. Order now at GovMint.com!
|Year of Issue||2016|
|Mint Name||Royal Canadian Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.39 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|