Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2016 Canada 20 Dollar 1-oz Silver Gold Finch NGC PF70UCAM Early Releases
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $119.00 $115.49
Celebrating Canada’s Wildlife in Vibrant Color
At the beginning of the 20th century, many people saw industry as a threat to wildlife and deemed that wildlife worthy of protection. Accordingly, several pieces of legislation were passed to ensure that species would not just survive but thrive even while business continued to grow. One such piece of legislation was Canada’s Migratory Birds Convention Act, which was passed in 1917. The Royal Canadian Mint issued a series of coins to celebrate a century of the Act and its success in protecting the birds, their eggs, and their nests. This Colorized American Goldfinch proof is among those coins. It offers a stunning, closeup look at the bird taking flight from a fencepost. Just try getting this close of a look in the wild!
- THIRD IN A COMMEMORATIVE SERIES -- This 2016 American Goldfinch Proof is the third coin in Canada’s series honoring one hundred years of the Migratory Birds Convention Act. The coin features a left-side profile, closeup look at this stunning creature.
- FOUR NINE FINE WITH PROOF FINISH – Each 2016 American Goldfinch coin was struck from 1-oz of 99.99% fine silver at the Royal Canadian Mint, which also added a stunning proof finish that makes the background shine.
- CANADA LEGAL TENDER -- Each 2016 Silver American Goldfinch Proof is $20 Canadian legal tender, as indicated on the bottom portion of the reverse.
- CERTIFIED FLAWLESS -- Your coin will be certified Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC), a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections -- showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended! It will also be certified Early Releases, which means that NGC received it within 30 days of its initial release from the mint.
- A LIMITED MINTAGE – The Royal Canadian Mint issued just 6,500 pieces in this release.
Conservation has become part of the collective psyche in Western culture, but it was not always so. In fact, but for legislation like the Migratory Birds Convention, beautiful creatures like the one that appears on this coin may well be extinct. Fortunately, species like the American Goldfinch continue to migrate in America and Canada every year, giving millions of people the opportunity to admire these remarkable birds. As with the goldfinch wherever it may be, though, these coins will not stick around for long, so order yours while they’re still here at GovMint.com!
|Year of Issue||2016|
|Mint Name||Royal Canadian Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.39 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|