Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2016 Canada 20 Dollar 1-oz Silver Sea Master Orca NGC PF70UCAM
Second in a Series of Coins Dedicated to Some of Nature’s Most Powerful Creatures!
Sea World is the world’s most famous artificial aquatic attraction, and the centerpiece of the park is its killer whales, of which several have taken on the name “Shamu.” The size of these mammals combines with their unique, elegant black and white look, and their grace to mesmerize visitors of all ages. Just under the surface, recognized by all but uttered by few, is the awesome, potentially deadly power of these creatures. Not surprisingly, whale watching trips are often made in areas like the Pacific Coast for those hoping to catch a glimpse of the species in its natural habitat. Given the tremendous intrigue surrounding the creatures, it is little wonder that the Royal Canadian Mint chose them as their Masters of the Sea and captured their elegance and power in this stunning Orca Proof.
- FOUR NINE FINE! – Each 2016 Silver Orca Proof was struck from 99.99% fine silver at the Royal Canadian Mint. The Mint is among the world’s most respected and frequently releases series that appeal to collectors with specific interests!
- UNIQUE SHAPE WITH PROOF FINISH – The majesty of these creatures is accentuated with a stunning proof finish. Fittingly for a sea creature, the coin has a scalloped shape that would make it stand out in any collection.
- CANADIAN LEGAL TENDER -- Each 2016 1-oz Silver Masters of the Sea Orca Proof is $20 Canadian legal tender. In addition to being home to one of the world’s elite mints, which produces countless series for a wide range of collectors, Canada is home to breathtaking scenery, which includes endless forests, deep blue lakes, and stunning shorelines.
- CERTIFIED FLAWLESS -- Your coin will be certified Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC), a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections -- showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended!
- A LIMITED MINTAGE – The Royal Canadian Mint released just 6,000 pieces in this issue.
Fascinating and mesmerizing people of all ages, the orca is a highlight in captivity and an awing discovery in the wild. This 2016 Silver Orca Proof offers a unique look at the creatures, with the reverse image offering a split view, partially above water and partially under it. It depicts four orcas of various sizes and ages at various stages of porpoising. The masterful work of art would make a beautiful addition to any animal-themed collection. Don’t wait to order yours, though, as pieces in the mintage of just 6,000 pieces are increasingly difficult to find.
|Year of Issue||2016|