Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2016 Canada 20 Dollar 1-oz Silver Woodpecker NGC PF70UCAM Early Release
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $119.00 $115.49
Celebrating One of Canada’s Most Beautiful Birds
While industry was booming early in the 20th century, many governments saw the need to ensure that wildlife was protected from pollution and overdevelopment. One of the pieces of legislation that stemmed from that need was the 1916 Migratory Birds Convention. The legislation protected not only the birds but also their nests and their eggs. One of the birds that has thrived since then is the pileated woodpecker. Its stunning black and white feathers complement the hints of red on its head. This coin captures the bird in flight in all of its splendor.
- FOURTH AND FINAL COIN IN THE “COLORFUL BIRDS OF CANADA” SERIES – The Royal Canadian Mint issued a series of four coins to mark the centennial anniversary of the Migratory Birds Convention. This is the fourth and last coin in the series.
- GORGEOUS PROOF FINISH – This Pileated Woodpecker Proof was struck from 99.99% fine silver at the Royal Canadian Mint. It has a stunning proof finish that beautifully complements its selective coloration.
- CANADA LEGAL TENDER -- Each 2016 Silver Pileated Woodpecker is 20 dollars Canadian legal tender as indicated along the rim at the lower left of the reverse.
- CERTIFIED FLAWLESS -- Your coin will be certified Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC), a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections -- showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended!
- A LIMITED MINTAGE -- This final coin in the "Colorful Birds of Canada" series has a limited mintage of just 6,500 pieces.
For avid bird watchers and causal observers of the great outdoors, seeing a woodpecker is a true treat. While not everyone who sees one will be able to identify the specific species, everyone can identify it as a woodpecker thanks to the distinct sound that it makes pecking diligently at the trucks of a tree. Those of a certain age will also doubtless think back to their youth and the iconic laugh of the cartoon character Woody Woodpecker. Let this coin bring back memories of nature walks and Saturday morning cartoons while you still can by ordering at GovMint.com.
|Year of Issue||2016|
|Mint Name||Royal Canadian Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.39 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|