Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2016 Canada 200 Dollar Silver Icy Arctic NGC PF70 Early Release - Matte
A Tribute to Canada’s Coldest Areas and the People and Animals Who Live There
Canada’s northernmost areas are some of the most unforgiving on the planet. Temperatures in winter drop to -58 degrees Fahrenheit, while summer temperatures seldom exceed 50 degrees. While some may consider tolerable, most people would consider winter there unbearable, yet many people and animals thrive under those conditions. Adaptability and determination are vital, so it is fitting that the Royal Canadian Mint would honor the people and creatures that survive under these most difficult of conditions.
- FOUR NINE FINE – Each Icy Arctic Matte Proof was struck at the Royal Canadian Mint from 2-oz of 99.99% fine silver. The coin has a matte proof finish that complements the design perfectly.
- FAMILIAR DESIGN ELEMENTS MIX WITH MORE EXOTIC ONES – The coin features a hodgepodge of human and animal activity. Some of those things that are featured, such as a polar bear and dog sled, are familiar to most people, while many of the animals are sure to be unfamiliar to anyone who has not spent considerable time in the arctic.
- CANADIAN LEGAL TENDER -- Each 2016 2-oz Silver Icy Arctic Matte Proof is 200 dollars Canadian legal tender, a fact reflected on the bottom of the reverse along with the coin’s date.
- CERTIFIED FLAWLESS -- Your coin will be certified Proof-70 Matte (PF70 Matte) by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC), a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections -- showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended!
- A LIMITED MINTAGE – The Royal Canadian Mint issued just 20,000 pieces in this mintage.
Most people throughout the world would consider Canada’s arctic north unlivable, yet life continues to thrive there among people and animals who have adapted to the climate. Centered around one large and several smaller snowflakes, those people and animals spread throughout the reverse in a 360 design that is sure to amaze anyone who was previously unaware of the abundance of life in such difficult conditions. Some examples of human activity include shipping, ice fishing, and snowmobiling, while animal life includes birds, wolves, and fish. Whether you are enamored with the Canadian north’s abundant activity or you simply like coins with unique designs, make sure that you order your 2016 Silver Canada’s Icy Arctic Matte Proof before it’s too late.
|Year of Issue||2016|
|Mint Name||Royal Canadian Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.39 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|