Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2016 Canada 25 Dollar Silver True North Specimen NGC SP69- Early Releases
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ Was
$39.95$26.95 Was $38.77$26.15
An Elegant Look at the World’s Largest Land Predator
Canada’s vast wilderness extends north into the Arctic, where just a smattering of scattered villages interrupts a frigid and harsh landscape. The undisputed apex predator in that harsh climate is the polar bear. Polar bears are among the few warm-blooded animals that are known to hunt humans, a daunting thought given their immense size, which makes them the largest land carnivore in the world. In fact, the beautiful yet potentially deadly creatures can grow to over 1300 lbs. and 8’6” from nose to tail. Daunting though they may be, their beauty is unmistakable. This True North Specimen captures that beauty by showing the wonderous creature walking in its natural habitat. That stunning image is complemented by three red maple leafs, symbols closely associated with the issuing nation.
- MARKING A CANADIAN CELEBRATION – This 2016 Silver True North Specimen was one of several coins that together were intended to celebrate all things Canadian on the country’s 150th anniversary.
- GORGEOUS SPECIMEN FINISH – Struck from ¼-oz of 99.99% fine silver, this True North coin has a stunning specimen finish that is the perfect complement to a design that is set in the arctic.
- CANADA LEGAL TENDER – Each 2016 Silver True North Specimen is $25 legal tender in Canada. In addition to being home to one of the world’s elite mints, which produces countless series for a wide range of collectors, Canada is home to breathtaking scenery, which includes endless forests, deep blue lakes, and stunning shorelines.
- CERTIFIED VIRTUALLY FLAWLESS -- Your coin will be graded Specimen-69 (SP69) by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC), a distinction that means your almost-flawless coin will showcase an impressive full strike and indistinguishable imperfections -- well above and beyond the quality of the vast majority of coins in the series.
The stark arctic landscape that is home to the polar bear and his simple white appearance combine to create a simple, elegant work of art. They are complemented beautifully by maple leafs, iconic symbols of Canada. Although polar bears can e dangerous for humans who get too close, the artwork on this coin brings all of its majesty to the holder. Although there were a quarter million pieces produced in this mintage, it is increasingly difficult to find two years after it was released, so order yours now at GovMint.com.
|Year of Issue||2016|
|Mint Name||Royal Canadian Mint|