Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2016 China Gold & Silver Honolulu Show Panda 3-Piece Proof Set
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $625.00 $606.56
$208.33 / month
A First – and Only – Release for Show Pandas
In 2016, China struck a limited number of Show Pandas for the Hawaii State Numismatic Association’s 53rd Coin Show in Honolulu. Within that release was a trio of pandas with unusual weights that had never been issued before. As the first – and only – time that Pandas have been struck in these particular weights, they have become some of the most sought-after Show Pandas ever struck!
This three-piece proof set contains all three of these pieces: the one-gram gold, two-gram silver and the impressive tenth-ounce gold-and-silver bi-metal proof. Again, this release stands as the first and only time for any panda series that these sizes have been used! Each coin was struck to a very limited mintage: Just 1,000 gold, 2,000 silver and 1,000 bi-metals were struck, for a total of only 4,000 coins for the entire release!
The designs were inspired by the famous 1949 China Sweichow Bamboo Dollar coin – an exceedingly rare coin release struck by the Republic of China that featured three stems of bamboo leaves. Minted during the height of the Chinese Civil War, many of these coins were buried for safekeeping and lost, or were melted and repurposed by the Communists led by Mao Sedong after they forced Chiang Kai-shek’s government to flee to Taiwan.
With long lines throughout the show, the entire allotment slated for the 2016 Honolulu Hawaii show sold out before the show ended. Fortunately for you, a small cache of proofs was held in reserve to be sold in 2026 during the 10th anniversary of their release. We recently managed to secure these last remaining proofs, and we’re making them available exclusively to GovMint customers while our small supply lasts! These first-and-only Panda Proofs won’t last long – if you haven’t clicked a set to your cart by now, what are you waiting for? Do it now before they’re all gone for good!
- FIRST AND ONLY TIME THAT THESE SIZES WERE USED IN PANDA SERIES – The 2016 China Honolulu Show Pandas represent the first and only time in the entire Panda series that these small sizes – 1-gram gold, 2-gram silver, and 3-gram gold/1.5-gram silver (tenth-ounce) bi-metal – were ever used.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER AND GOLD – These Show Pandas were struck in 99.9% silver and 99.9% silver. The gold medal is 10 mm in diameter, the silver medal is 18 mm in diameter and the bi-metal medal is 20 mm in diameter.
- GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Your 2016 China Honolulu Show Pandas come in gorgeous Proof condition, meaning it was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
- EXTREMELY LIMITED EDITION – There are only 4,000 of these special 2016 China Honolulu Show Pandas -- 1,000 for the one-gram gold, 2,000 for the two-gram silver, and 1,000 for the gold-and-silver bi-metal.
- SOLD OUT AT HONOLULU SHOW – These Pandas were completely sold out at the 2016 Honolulu coin show. The medals available in this offer are from the original distributor’s private reserve that was earmarked for sale in 2026 on the 10th anniversary of their release.
The 2016 China Gold/Silver/Bi-metal Honolulu Show Panda Three-Piece Proof Set features some of the rarest Show Pandas ever made. Secure your set now at GovMint.com
|Year of Issue||2016|
|Mint Name||China Mint|