Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2016 Niue $2 1-oz Silver Disney Mickey Plane Crazy NGC PF70UC First Releases
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $149.00 $144.60
Mickey Mouse Takes Flight on This 2016 One-Ounce Silver Plane Crazy Proof!
When Charles Lindbergh completed his solo flight across the Atlantic and became an instant celebrity, Walt Disney was quick to join the celebration! In Plane Crazy – the first animated Mickey Mouse cartoon ever released – Mickey tries to emulate the "Ace of Aces" by building and flying his own homemade airplane. That epic cartoon serves as the theme for this popular entry in the New Zealand Mint’s Mickey Through the Ages coin series.
Issued by the island nation of Niue in 2016, the Mickey Mouse Plane Crazy $2 legal-tender silver proof is struck in one ounce of 99.9% silver. The third release in the series, it’s officially licensed by Disney© and is accompanied by a numbered certificate of authenticity from the New Zealand Mint. The reverse design features a snapshot of Mickey Mouse from the black-and-white short Plane Crazy. The image shows Mickey holding a horseshoe that Minnie Mouse had given him for good luck. The image is spectacular on this coin measuring 40 mm in diameter and is further enhanced by the addition of B&W colorization to really mimic the original cartoon made 90 years ago!
Your 2016 Niue Disney Mickey Plane Crazy One-Ounce Silver Proof has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended! In addition, your proof has also been certified as a First Releases (FR) coin by NGC, meaning that it was among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue. Collectors seek out these coins because they are produced with new dies and considered to have sharper strikes and deeper mirrors than those that are struck later. Also, the population of coins labeled First Releases is only a fraction of the total mintage!
This is a great gift for any Disney collector or Mickey Mouse fan. Add this great tribute to the world’s most famous mouse to your collection now!
- DELIGHTFUL DESIGN OF MICKEY’S FIRST ANIMATED CARTOON – A snapshot of Mickey Mouse from the black and white short Plane Crazy – the first animated Mickey Mouse cartoon ever released – is featured on the coin’s reverse. The obverse design shows a regal portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.!
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – Each 2016 Niue Disney Mickey Plane Silver Proof was struck by the New Zealand Mint in one ounce of 99.9% silver.
- LEGAL-TENDER COIN – These 2016 Niue Disney Mickey Plane Silver Proofs are $2 legal tender in the island nation of Niue.
- GRADED IN PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2016 Niue Disney Mickey Plane Crazy One-Ounce Silver Proof has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition.
- KEY FIRST RELEASES CERTIFICATION – Your proof has also been certified as a First Releases (FR) coin by NGC, meaning that it was among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue.
- VERY LOW LIMITED EDITION – The maximum worldwide limited edition for this proof is just 10,000.
Fans of Mickey Mouse as well as collectors of low mintage modern coins will both want to add this coin to their collections! Don’t miss out – make sure this Mickey Mouse coins flies into your collection by clicking it to your cart right now!
|Year of Issue||2016|
|Mint Name||New Zealand Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.10 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|