Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2016 Tanzania 1000 Shillings 1-oz Silver Elephant High Relief Proof
A unique, high relief take on a collector favorite – in 99.9% Pure Silver!
Animal lovers and adventurers alike are sure to love this High Relief Silver Tanzanian Elephant. The massive creature is typically only seen by Westerners in zoos, but the safari is the type of trip that is on nearly everyone’s bucket list. Whether a collector has been on one or dreams of going on one, this stunning coin puts a little piece of that dream trip in their hands with a close up image of one of the Big Five and her cub in the distance on the savanna. Standing at the center of the obverse is a shield that bears symbols of Tanzania. It is flanked by elephant tusks, which are supported by a man and a woman. It stands in Mount Kilimanjaro.
- Stunning close up in the Elephant’s natural habitat – Provides extraordinary detail in the foreground against a realistic backdrop.
- High Relief Proof in 99.9% Silver – Makes each design element stand out.
- Latest in the Series – Unique design that is exclusive to 2016.
- 1,000 Shillings Legal Tender for the African Nation of Tanzania – Struck at the Bavarian State Mint, one of Europe’s finest manufacturers.
- Extremely low mintage – Only 999 of these were minted!
This coin brings to life the African Elephant, which is considered vulnerable by the IUCN. The world’s largest land mammal, it stands ten feet tall and can weigh as much as 12,000 pounds! It is considered one of the Big Five animals on safaris and one of the most important highlights for tourists who undertake such an adventure. While poaching during the 1970’s and 1980’s once threatened the animal, its numbers have since stabilized. Whether you have been on a safari, plan to go on one, or are just dreaming about it, this coin puts a little taste of one right in your hand. Share in the adventure now by ordering today!
|Year of Issue||2016|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|