Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2016 Texas 1 Dollar 1-oz Silver Longhorn Comanche Proof
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $89.95 $87.30
Share in a Celebration of Native American Heritage
While many modern notions of Native Americans life is idealized, the truth is that many tribes had fierce warriors who were well trained. The Comanche were no exception, and while they have not engaged in wars as a tribe for some time, their history continues to be preserved to this day. This coin contributes to that preservation by featuring an image of a Comanche warrior. He looks directly at the holder and has a full feathered headdress that is typical of the tribe.
Featured on the reverse is one of the most iconic animals in the United States, the Texas Longhorn. College football fans know it for the famed ‘hook ‘em horns’ of the University of Texas. The species of cattle, which is raised by many Texas ranchers, is known for the feature that gives it its name. Perhaps no other animal in the country is so closely identified with a particular state.
- FOURTH ISSUE OF 2016 -- This Proof Texas Comanche Longhorn was the fourth issue of 2016 in the relatively new Native American Dollar Series, which honors Native American tribes.
- STUNNING 99.9% SILVER -- Each Texas Comanche Longhorn Proof was struck from 1-oz 99.9% fine silver at the Native American Mint.
- COMANCHE LEGAL TENDER -- Like the other coins in this series the coin is worth $1, though it was struck separately from the U.S. Mint. Instead, the issuing authority is the particular tribe.
- A COIN WITH A PURPOSE -- Proceeds from each Native American Dollar are spent raising awareness of sovereign profiles and Native American tribes.
Combining two significant interest groups – animal lovers and those with an interest in Native American culture – along with natives of the great state of Texas, this 2016 Silver Longhorn Comanche Proof is a true piece of Americana. It honors a tribe of the first Americans, who occupied a large amount of territory in the Southwest and helps to preserve their heritage, with proceeds from sales of the coin going to support that effort. Issued by the tribe itself, the coin would make a unique addition to any collection. Order yours today, though because this coin is no longer being minted!
|Year of Issue||2016|
|Coin Weight||31.1 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|