Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2016 Great Britain 2 Pound 1-oz Silver Britannia Plain Fields NGC MS70 DPL First Releases
There’s Nothing Plain About These 2016 ‘Plain Fields’ Britannias!
Around the world, many countries issue one-ounce silver coins similar to our own Silver Eagle. In England, that coin is the Silver Britannia, containing one ounce of highly pure 99.9% silver. And, like our Silver Eagle, a smaller number of Britannia coins are minted each year in a special collector’s edition.
To make these Silver Britannia coins special, Great Britain’s Royal Mint added a unique feature to them – or rather, “subtracted” a feature – that isn’t seen on many other Britannia Proofs from 2016: A special “Plain Fields” design. While traditional Silver Britannia bullion coins are struck with a textured field, giving the background a coarser look and feel, these special Silver Britannia coins have been struck WITHOUT the textured field, quite literally making them Plain Field Britannias!
What’s more, the 2016 Great Britain One-Ounce Silver Plain Fields Britannia coins we have available in this offer are the best of the best both in terms of quality and appearance. That’s because each one available has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Mint State-70 Deep Proof-Like (MS70 DPL) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded coin will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. In fact, even though this wasn't struck as a proof, this coin’s brilliant and reflective finish has earned it a “Deep Proof-Like” designation from NGC.
In addition, NGC has certified your Silver Plain Fields Britannia to be a First Releases (FR) coin, a designation that means your coin was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of its release. Collectors seek out these coins because they are produced with new dies and considered to have sharper strikes and deeper mirrors than those that are struck later.
With just 10,000 of these special 2016 Plain Fields Britannia ever minted, there are obviously far too few to go around. Don’t miss out; add one of these stunning coins to your collection now!
- UNIQUE PLAIN FIELDS RELEASE – The Plain Fields Britannia coins were first issued in 2015 and are different from regular Britannia release in that instead of textured fields, they are plain.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – Each Silver Plain Fields Britannia was stuck by Great Britain’s Royal Mint in one ounce of highly pure 99.9% silver.
- LEGAL TENDER IN GREAT BRITAIN – These 2016 Great Britain One-Ounce Silver Plain Fields Britannia coins are £2 (two pounds) legal tender in Great Britain.
- GRADED IN PERFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2016 Great Britain One-Ounce Silver Plain Fields Britannia has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation as being in perfect Mint State-70 Deep Proof-Like (MS70 DPL) condition.
- KEY FIRST RELEASES CERTIFICATED – NGC has certified your Silver Plain Fields Britannia to be a First Releases (FR) coin, a designation that means your coin was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of the coin’s release.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The 2016 Plain Fields Britannia worldwide mintage is limited to just 10,000 one-ounce silver coins.
Like America’s specially struck Silver Eagles, Great Britain’s Silver Britannia also features a specially struck version – these “Plain Field” versions. Don’t miss your chance to get 2016’s One-Ounce Silver Plain Field Britannia in perfect Mint State-70 Deep Proof-Like First Releases condition! Add one to your cart.
|Year of Issue||2016|
|Mint Name||The Royal Mint|
|Coin Weight||32.21 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|