Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 1-oz Silver Teddy Roosevelt National Park NGC PF70UCAM Mercanti Signed
Celebrating an American Icon
Statesmen are generally viewed primarily as political leaders who are judged by their policy successes and failures, as well as their leadership during challenging times. Teddy Roosevelt, however, distinguished himself from most other presidents in the American collective psyche because of his rugged personality. While he wore many hats at various stages of his life, including conservationist, police commissioner, and ranger, his love of the outdoors and active personality are what continue to capture the imaginations of those who study him. This silver proof features a look at the president and one of the animals that continues to roam the part of America that held a special place in his heart.
- THREE-NINE FINE – Each 2017 Rough Rider National Park proof was struck from 1-oz of 99.9% fine silver at the British Royal Mint. The coin has a proof finish that beautifully accents its stunning designs.
- AUTHORIZED BY THE NATIONAL PARK FOUNDATION – This medal was officially authorized by the National Park Foundation, which oversees the park that gets its name from the American president.
- CERTIFIED FLAWLESS – Your coin will be certified Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC), a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections -- showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended! Accompanying your coin will be a numbered Certificate of Authenticity.
- MERCANTI-SIGNED LABEL – The label on which NGC provided this medal's grade was signed by former U.S. Mint Chief Engraver John Mercanti, who also designed both faces of the piece.
- A LIMITED MINTAGE – The Royal Mint issued just 1,000 pieces in this mintage.
From his tough personality to his love the outdoors, President Theodore Roosevelt was beloved for being a man of the people. This medal beautifully captures him as he continues to be remembered, on his horse and in charge. That obverse design was taken from Alexander Proctor's famous Rough Rider statue. The memory of the President will last for years to come, but our stock of this medal will not. Order yours now at GovMint.com while you still can!
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Mint Name||The Royal Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.2 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|