Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 U.S. Mint 225th Anniversary Enhanced Uncirculated Coin Set
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $34.95 $33.92
You've Never Seen a Set Like This -- and Who Knows When You Will Again?
As a collector, you probably have a fair share of United States Mint proof sets and uncirculated coin sets. You might even have a few silver proof sets or limited edition silver proof sets. But you've never seen a set like this! As part of their 225th anniversary celebration, the U.S. Mint is introducing their very first enhanced uncirculated coin set for 2017. Harkening back to the special mint sets of the mid-1960s, this unique collection combines the elements of both proof and uncirculated coin sets for something truly special!
- A SOLUTION OF THE '60s . . .-- Faced with a coin shortage, the U.S. Treasury Department pulled the brakes on proof and uncirculated coin sets in 1965. Incensed collectors demanded their return, so the U.S. Mint created special five-piece mint sets of coins struck on polished dies. This temporary solution, in place between 1965 and 1967, had just one problem. In order to give these coins their special finish, the mint technicians ended up over-polishing the dies, completely obliterating some of the coins' smaller details!
- . . . MEETS THE TECHNOLOGY OF TODAY!-- This 2017 225th Anniversary Enhanced Uncirculated set revisits that original idea, only this time by producing stunning coins without sacrificing a thing! Each coin in this 10-piece set is struck with care at the San Francisco Mint (as you'll see by each coin's "S" mintmark). Then, using state-of-the art technology, each coin is enhanced with gorgeous laser-frosted details over unpolished fields. The result? Dazzling coins featuring the sharp details of proofs with uncirculated finishes!
- THE HITS OF THE YEAR!-- Your 2017 U.S. Mint 225th Anniversary Enhanced Uncirculated Set includes the standard Lincoln Cent, Jefferson Nickel, Roosevelt Dime and Kennedy Half-Dollar. Also included in the first acrylic lens is 2017's Native American Dollar featuring Sequoyah, the creator of the monumental Cherokee Syllabary. The second acrylic lens features all five of the year's America the Beautiful Quarters, including:
- The sacred Native American earthworks of Effigy Mounds National Monument in Iowa
- The Frederick Douglass National Historic Site in Washington, D.C., honoring the courageous and influential author, orator and statesman
- The natural wonders and rich history of the Ozark National Scenic Riverways in Missouri, symbolized by the park's Alley Mill, built in1894
- New Jersey's lasting tribute to the immigrants that arrived on the shores of Ellis Island during the late 1800s and early 1900s, now part of the Statue of Liberty National Monument, and
- George Rogers Clark National Park in Indiana, named for the Lieutenant Colonel that led a surprise capture of Fort Sackville on February 25, 1779, limiting British control during a crucial time in the American Revolution
- ORIGINAL MINT PACKAGING-- Your set will come in its original U.S. Mint package with both sealed acrylic lenses secured in a black mint-branded box.
- THE FIRST . . . AND ONLY? -- 225,000 of these sets will be released by the U.S. Mint. However, from all indications, this Enhanced Uncirculated Set is likely a one-time-only event to commemorate the mint's 225th anniversary. Will there be a follow-up in the future? Only time will tell!
It doesn't matter if you've never missed a mint set or you're just getting started on your first year -- no U.S. Mint collection is complete without this 2017 225th Anniversary Enhanced Uncirculated Coin Set! Don't wait until these coins become history -- add it to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Mint Name||San Francisco - S, U.S. Mint|