Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 Ascension Islands 1 Crown 2-oz Silver Diana Rose Ultra-High Relief Piedfort NGC Gem Proof- First Releases
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $295.00 $286.30
$147.50 / month
A Beautiful Tribute to "England's Rose," Struck in Stunning Ultra-High Relief!
Diana Spencer wore many titles in her life -- Mother, Wife, Philanthropist, Humanitarian, Ambassador, Trailblazer -- all with pride, grace and humanity. But, to millions around the world, she will always be remembered as the very definition of a modern princess. Married just a few days after her 20th birthday in 1981, Diana's life as the Princess of Wales was lived, for better and for worse, almost fully in the public eye. However, instead of retreating behind closed doors, Diana rose to the occasion, raising two princes and becoming a voice for numerous causes and charities.
The heartbreak of her separation and subsequent divorce from Prince Charles more than a decade later didn't stop Diana from becoming deeply involved in the world community. Unfortunately, her passionate life was tragically cut short on August 31st, 1997 -- with the world joining the United Kingdom in mourning. Today, her legacy lives on through her memorial fund and the charity work and outreach of both Princes William and Harry. Now, to commemorate her extraordinary life, the Pobjoy Mint is releasing this exceptional Diana, Princess of Wales Rose Proof Piedfort, struck in astonishing Ultra-High Relief!
- A SINGLE ROSE, AN ENDURING SYMBOL-- The beauty of this coin is in its simple design -- a single rose in bloom. Forever associated with Diana, due in no small part to Elton John's memorable and heartfelt tribute interpretation of "Candle in the Wind", the rose is wreathed by Diana's title, year of birth and year of passing.
- ULTRA-SPECTACULAR, ULTRA-HIGH RELIEF!-- Your proof's symbolic rose is made even more gorgeous by the Pobjoy Mint's skill in ultra-high relief production! Struck into a concave surface, the proof's rose design rises up with tremendous detail, dimension and definition from the coin's field.
- PROOF-MINTED ON A DOUBLE-THICK PIEDFORT-- Starting in 12th century France, artisans would strike super-thick piedforts (pronounced pee-ay-fores) to distribute patterns and prove their talents to wealthy patrons. The Pobjoy Mint continues this tradition by striking these Princess Diana proofs with double the thickness of similar coins. In addition, these piedforts are the product of hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes, resulting in proof-minted masterpieces with frosted details and mirror-like fields!
- ASCENSION ISLAND LEGAL TENDER-- Each 2017 two ounce 99.9% fine silver proof is one crown legal tender for Ascension Island, reflected in the inscription that wreathes the rose on the reverse. Flip your proof over to find a profile of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- CERTIFIED GEM PROOF-- Your coin will also come certified Gem Proof by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC), a distinction that means your 2017 Princess Diana Piedfort Proof is the product of a superb strike. It's an objective classification that places your proof firmly among the elite of the run! Each proof will also be certified First Releases (FR) by NGC, meaning that it was among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue. In addition, your piedfort proof will be sonically sealed in an acrylic case, giving you the best in protection while granting clear sightlines into every beautiful detail. Finally, your proof will arrive to you with a numbered mint certificate of authenticity.
- A LIMITED-MINTAGE EVENT -- Only 600 of these ultra high-relief piedfort proofs will be produced in this limited issue.
GovMint.com is the EXCLUSIVE United States distributor for these monumental proofs from the Pobjoy Mint. Out of 2017's several numismatic tributes to Princess Diana, this is one of the most reverent and elegant designs we've encountered. But the limited production and worldwide appeal of these piedfort proofs will make them hard to keep in our vaults for long. Don't wait - make this rose a part of your collection today!
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Mint Name||Pobjoy Mint|
|Coin Weight||62.2 Grams - g|
|Weight||2 Ounces - oz|