Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 Australia $1 1-oz Silver Dragon & Phoenix NGC MS69 Mirrored Gap Error
Gleaming Error Graces the Time-Honored Symbol of Harmony
Within the Chinese culture, two symbolic beasts rise above all others: the dragon and the phoenix. Seen as two parts of a whole, these celestial creatures have united in a symbol of harmony that dates back centuries. The dragon, a symbol of power and good fortune, was frequently used as a symbol for the Chinese emperor. The phoenix, on the other hand, represents beauty and luck – ideas associated with the empress. Together, the dragon and phoenix are symbolic of yin and yang, circling each other in an endless collaborative quest for the flaming pearl of enlightenment and wisdom.
Now, fully realized by the master artisans at Australia’s world-renowned Perth Mint, these two creatures have soared to new heights on a series of exquisite coins! When the coins were first released in 2017, the Dragon & Phoenix Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) version was so popular it sold out at the Mint. Undaunted, our connections in the coin world have uncovered a supply of these beauties just for you! Not only that, but we have located a cache of these with a unique “Mirrored Gap” error! The error can be found on the coin’s reverse right behind the head of the phoenix. Instead of being struck with a frosted finish, one area includes a mirrored effect like the rest of its body!
This is your chance to get a 2017 Silver Dragon & Phoenix One-Ounce Silver Error Proof certified and graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) to be in near-perfect Mint State-69 (MS69) condition. Each is beautifully minted in highly pure 99.99% silver and sonically sealed in an acrylic coin holder with an exclusive Dragon & Phoenix label. The Perth mint set a strict maximum worldwide edition limited for the 2017 Dragon & Phoenix One-Ounce Silver Proof at 50,000 coins. Of that mintage, only 1,125 have been certified as error coins! Reserve yours now!
- KEY ERROR CERTIFICATION – This coin is from a limited quantity of error coins. The error can be found on the coin’s reverse right behind the head of the phoenix. Instead of being struck with a frosted finish, one area includes a mirrored effect like the rest of its body.
- CLASSIC DESIGN OF HARMONY – The design of this fabulous coin features a dragon and phoenix in perpetual harmony circling each other in an endless collaborative quest for the flaming pearl of enlightenment and wisdom. The coin’s obverse features the Ian Rank-Broadley portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – Each 2017 Dragon & Phoenix One-Ounce Silver Proof is struck in highly pure 99.99% silver.
- LEGAL TENDER IN AUSTRALIA – These 2017 Dragon & Phoenix One-Ounce Silver Proofs are $1 legal tender in Australia.
- GRADED IN NEAR-PERFECT MINT CONDITION – Your 2017 Dragon & Phoenix One-Ounce Silver Proof has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) to be in near-perfect Mint State-69 (MS69) condition, a distinction that means your almost-flawless coin will showcase an impressive full strike and indistinguishable imperfections – well above and beyond the quality of the vast majority of coins in the series.
- EXTREMELY LIMITED EDITION – The Perth Mint struck a relatively small edition limit of just 50,000 uncirculated coins. Of that mintage, only 1,125 have been certified as Mirrored Gap error coins. Your coin will come sonically sealed in an acrylic coin holder with an exclusive Dragon & Phoenix label.
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Mint Name||Perth Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.1 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|