Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 Australia 1/10-oz Gold Wedge Tailed Eagle NGC MS70 First Releases - Mercanti Signed
The Historic John Mercanti and Perth Mint Collaboration Continues!
A few years ago, we brought together John Mercanti and the Perth Mint to collaborate on a new coin series. Little did we know that we'd help start an international sensation! This match of the most prolific designer in United States Mint history along with the heralded Australian mint produced the first-ever Wedge-Tailed Eagle in 2014-- the first time a U.S. Mint chief engraver designed a coin struck by another official world mint. Now in its fourth year, the Australia Wedge-Tailed Eagle series is still going strong with this 2017 tenth-ounce gold masterpiece!
- BREATHTAKING DETAILED ARTISTRY-- Each 2017 Wedge-Tailed Eagle features John Mercanti's design of Australia's largest eagle, perched on a lone tree branch in a majestic and vigilant pose.
- BRILLANT CRAFTSMANSHIP-- Each coin begins as a tenth-ounce planchet of highly pure 99.99% fine gold. Then, the artisans at the Perth Mint use state-of-the-art technology to strike each coin with crisp details that rise over a lustrous finish.
- LEGAL TENDER-- Each 2017 1/10-oz Gold Wedge-Tailed Eagle is legal tender 15 dollars Australian. All the details are engraved on the obverse along with Ian Rank-Broadley's profile of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. The coin's gold content, the year 2017 and the "P" mintmark join the wedge-tailed eagle on the reverse.
- CERTIFIED FLAWLESS-- Your coin will come certified Mint State-70 (MS70) by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC), a distinction that means your perfectly graded 2017 1/10-oz Gold Wedge-Tailed Eagle will have ZERO imperfections -- showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended! Your Wedge-Tailed Eagle will also be certified First Releases (FR) by NGC, meaning that it was among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue. For security and preservation, your coin will be sonically sealed in an acrylic case, giving you the best in protection while granting clear sightlines into every beautiful detail. Finally, in addition to your Wedge-Tailed Eagle, you'll receive a story card detailing the series' unique history.
- A LIMITED MINTAGE EVENT -- The Perth Mint has set the mintage of these Wedge-Tailed Eagles at exactly 10,000!
That's right - that's only 10,000 of these coins for Wedge-Tailed Eagle collectors around the world! And, unless you live in Australia, your ONLY source for this phenomenal gold coin is GovMint.com. The entire Wedge-Tailed Eagle series has been a global hit since 2014, and we're expecting this installment to soar right out of our vaults. Don't wait another moment -- add this 2017 1/10-oz Gold Wedge-Tailed Eagle to your collection today!
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Pedigree||First Releases, Mercanti Signed|
|Mint Name||Perth Mint|
|Coin Weight||3.11 Grams - g|
|Weight||1/10 Ounce - oz|