Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 Australia 1 Dollar 1-oz Silver Dragon and Peal Antiqued
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $89.95 $87.30
Own a Piece of Chinese Culture!
One of the oldest and richest cultures on the planet continues to contribute to the world in countless ways, not the least of which is numismatics. The ancient Chinese believed themselves to be ancestors of the dragon, which is viewed very differently in the East than it is in the West, where it is typically portrayed as a demonic figure. By contrast, the creature represents luck, power, strength, and wealth in Chinese culture. Not surprisingly, then, the figure is often represented at celebrations and in gifts.
This coin, which was struck at the world-renowned Perth Mint, shows the dragon with a rotating charm. The charm represents a pearl, an object with which the dragon is often shown. The charm is at the center of this coin and can be moved with a touch. The antique finish makes each coin unique, as well as giving it an ancient feel that is befitting of a coin that celebrates an ancient culture.
- ROTATING CHARM – At the center of this coin is a rotating charm that represents a pearl. The unique feature makes this coin stand out while fitting into the theme, as a pearl often appears with a dragon.
- STUNNING ANTIQUE FINISH – An ancient culture and tradition deserves a finish that makes it appear as old and mysterious. The Perth Mint’s antique finish does just that.
- TUVALU LEGAL TENDER – The 2017 Silver Dragon and Pearl is worth $1 in Tuvalu. The island nation of about 11,000 people is known for its music and dance, which are the epitome of Polynesia’s blend of traditional and contemporary styles.
- EXCELLENT EXTRAS – Each coin comes in a beautiful black display box from the Perth Mint. Also included is a Certificate of Authenticity.
- A LOW MINTAGE – Not only does this coin offer unique design elements, but it also offers the rarity that so many collectors prize. Only 3,000 pieces were issued.
Coin collectors by nature have a deep respect for history and ancient cultural traditions. That is why coins like these are issued, bringing modern minting technology to bear while honoring the past. Coins celebrating Chinese customs are hardly new, but this issue ads an antique finish and a rotating charm for a pearl that separate it from others. With such unique design elements, this low mintage issue of just 3,000 pieces will not be around for long, so order yours today!
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Mint Name||Perth Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.1 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|