Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 Australia 15 Dollar Half Sovereign Gold Proof
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $319.00 $309.59
$159.50 / month
The discovery of gold in New South Wales in 1851 proved the beginning of a rich history in Australian precious metals. To this day, the country’s Perth Mint is a leader in numismatics, producing some of the world’s most sought-after coins, including the Silver Kookaburra. That rich history began while the country was under British rule. Mimicking the British Sovereign, which has a rich history going back centuries, the Type I Sovereign was issued for 76 years at the Sydney Mint. Today, this coin carries on that rich tradition.
The coin beautifully combines the rich history of the past. The reverse incorporates historical elements from Leonard Charles Wyon’s original Type I reverse design, including St. Edward’s crown and a laurel wreath. The obverse honors the current monarch with Ian Rank-Broadley’s portrait of Queen Elizabeth II. This combination of past and present is typical of coins from the British commonwealth.
- RESUMING A RICH TRADITION – Payable gold was discovered in New South Wales in 1851 and led to the establishment of a branch of the Royal mint in Sydney. For 76 consecutive years, the Sydney Mint issued the Type I sovereign, a traditional issue on which this coin is based.
- STUNNING PROOF FINISH – Each Half Sovereign Proof was struck at the Perth Mint from .1167-oz of 91.67% pure gold. The proof finish is fitting of the regality of the coin.
- AUSTRALIA LEGAL TENDER – Each 2017 Gold Half Sovereign Proof is $15 legal tender in Australia. Australia is home to some of the world’s most unique natural scenery, including the outback and the Great Barrier Reef. It is a bucket list destination for millions of people throughout the world.
- EXCELLENT EXTRAS – Your coin will arrive in a stunning wooden display case along with a numbered Certificate of Authenticity.
- A LIMITED MINTAGE – The Perth Mint will release only 1,000 of these coins.
Coin collectors throughout the world tend to have deep respect for history and traditions, which is why this Half Sovereign is sure to have such broad appeal. It brings together parts of the past and present, including Australia’s former status as a British territory and its relatively new relationship as a member of the Commonwealth. Adding to the coin’s tremendous appeal is its low mintage of just 1,000 pieces. Don’t just watch history; be part of it by ordering one of the 1,000 pieces available while you still can!
|Year of Issue||2017|