Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 Austria 100 Euro 1/2-oz Gold Alpine Ibex Proof
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $1,195.00 $1,159.75
$298.75 / month
A Trip to the Alps from the Comfort of Home
The Alps are perhaps the Western world’s best-known mountain range. They provide stunning views across much of Europe, with Switzerland in particular famous for the Matterhorn. The mountains are also home to some of the best skiing in the world and are often the playground of the contenders on the world’s great cycling tours. While snow and mountaintops are breathtaking, the fauna of the area get much less attention while being no less impressive.
This coin is the fifth issue in the Austrian Mint’s Wildlife in our Sights Series, which celebrates some of the animals that can be found in the alps. The Alpine Ibex is a vegetarian goat that lives in the mountains. The males have long, curved horns while the females’ horns are much shorter. The unique animal can be found on several emblems throughout Alpine regions, including coats of arms in France and Austria.
- FIFTH IN THE WILDLIFE IN OUR SIGHTS SERIES – This series began in 2013 with the Red Deer and is a great option for animal lovers looking to start or grow a unique collection.
- GORGEOUS PROOF FINISH – Each Gold Apline Ibex was struck at the Austrian Mint from 98.6% pure gold. The proof finish adds elegance to this majestic coin.
- AUSTRIA LEGAL TENDER -- Each 2017 ½-oz Gold Ibex is €100 legal tender in Austria. Austria is an alpine nation that has a rich history, especially in terms of classical musicians like Mozart and Beethoven. Today, it is well known for its ski teams, who perform very well at the Winter Olympics.
- EXCELLENT EXTRAS – Every Alpine Ibex Proof comes with a display box from the Austrian Mint, as well as a numbered Certificate of Authenticity.
- A LIMITED MINTAGE – Only 30,000 pieces were issued for this stunning coin.
While many coin collectors enjoy pieces that bear the images of popular animals, such as the elephant and the kookaburra, others appreciate pieces that feature animals that are native to a particular region and are not very well-known outside of that region. The ibex fits that description perfectly. The herbivores’ bodies are well suited to survival in the region, and their young can often be spotted playing in the wild, an adorable site for those lucky enough to witness it. With a limited mintage, this coin will soon be hard to find, so order yours today!
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Mint Name||Austrian Mint|
|Coin Weight||16.23 Grams - g|
|Weight||1/2 Ounce - oz|