Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 British Virgin Islands $10 2-oz Silver JFK Centenary Ultra High Relief Proof + Purple Swarovski Crystal
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $199.00 $193.13
$99.50 / month
Honoring JFK’s 100th Birthday
2017 marked the 100th year since the birth of John Fitzgerald Kennedy, one of the most celebrated presidents in U.S. history. To honor the 35th President of the United States on the centenary – or 100th anniversary – of his birth, the artists at the award-winning Pobjoy Mint struck this beautiful high-relief proof in two ounces of 99.9% fine silver.
JFK’s accolades were numerous, but one for which he received much attention was his purple heart, earned during World War II. After his PT boat was rammed by a Japanese destroyer, Kennedy led the survivors to safety despite his own injuries. For his heroic actions, Kennedy was awarded a Navy and Marine Corps Medal in addition to the Purple Heart, making him the only U.S. President to have earned either of those honors. While his supporters made a lot of political hay about the honors, Kennedy himself famously joked about the ordeal, saying: “It was involuntary. They sunk my boat!”
Issued on behalf of the British virgin Islands, this legal-tender $20 coin features an incredibly detailed high-relief profile of JFK on the obverse along with dual dates of 1917 and 2017. In a poignant nod to Kennedy’s World War II heroics, a genuine Swarovski crystal shaped like a Purple Heart has been imbedded into the coin’s surface just to the left of Kennedy’s profile – a fitting reminder of the medal earned by Kennedy during World War II.
Considering its incredible price and limited mintage of only 1,917 pieces, this collectible may not last long. Ask not what your collection can do for you, discover how you can improve your collection by ordering this coin now!
- PAY TRIBUTE TO CENTENARY OF JFK’S BIRTH – More than a century ago, John F. Kennedy was born in Massachusetts. To honor the centenary, the Pobjoy Mint crafted this high-relief coin that shows JFK on the reverse with the dual dates of 1917 and 2017. The coin’s obverse features the profile of Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – Each 2017 British Virgin Islands JFK Centenary Proof was struck in two ounces of highly-pure 99.9% silver.
- LEGAL-TENDER COINAGE – These 2017 British Virgin Islands Two-Ounce Silver JFK Centenary Proofs are $20 legal tender in the British Virgin Islands.
- GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Your 2017 British Virgin Islands Two-Ounce Silver JFK Centenary Proof was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
- INCLUDES ACTUAL SWAROVSKI CRYSTAL – To pay tribute to Kennedy earning the Purple Hear during World War II, the coin also features a Swarovski crystal in the shape of the Purple Heart imbedded into its surface.
- EXTREMELY LIMITED EDITION – The worldwide limited edition for this proof has been set at just 1,917.
Pay tribute to John F. Kennedy’s 100th birthday with the 2017 British Virgin Islands Two-Ounce Silver JFK Centenary High Relief Proof. Order now!
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Country||British Virgin Islands|
|Relief Type||Ultra-High Relief|
|Mint Name||Pobjoy Mint|
|Coin Weight||62.2 Grams - g|
|Weight||2 Ounces - oz|