Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 Canada 1 Ounce $20 Silver Breaching Whale 3D Proof NGC PF70UC
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $169.00 $164.01
$84.50 / month
Canada’s First-Ever 3D Colored Proof
This humpback whale isn’t just leaping from the water on this coin —it’s jumping right off its reverse! Thanks to the latest in 3D printing technology, the “Tails” side of the coin really lives up to its name. The coin is literally exploding with color, texture and detail thanks to a groundbreaking thermoforming process and adding a blue hue to give the humpback an incredibly lifelike appearance. The whale’s tail is literally raised off of the surface of the coin for an astonishing effect. The coin is all the more remarkable because it is Canada’s first-ever 3D colored proof!
Released in 2017 by the prestigious Royal Canadian Mint, your Breaching Whale One-Ounce Silver 3D coin is struck in a full ounce of highly-pure 99.99% silver and bears a legal-tender value of $20. This whale of a coin is further enhanced by its remarkable proof condition. In fact, it has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended!
While images of bears, mountain lions and wolves often come to mind when people think about Canada’s wildlife, the humpback whale is also a common sight. They’re often seen breaching the surface of waters off Canada's Pacific and Atlantic coastlines. The best places to see these incredible monarchs of the ocean are off the Nova Scotia shoreline in the summer, and all year long around Victoria Island in British Columbia.
This first of its kind release from the Royal Canadian Mint is from a limited edition of just 7,500 —so order yours today!
- A WHALE OF A DESIGN – The humpback whale on this design is shown breaching the water. Thanks to the latest in 3D printing technology, this whale seems to be rising off of the surface of the coin for an incredible effect. The coin’s obverse features the iconic portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – Each Canada Breaching Whale Silver 3D Proof is struck in 99.99% silver.
- CANADIAN LEGAL TENDER – These 2017 Canada Breaching Whale One-Ounce Silver 3D Proofs are $20 legal tender in Canada.
- GRADED IN PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2017 Canada Breaching Whale One-Ounce Silver 3D Proof has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended!
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The Royal Canadian Mint set the maximum worldwide edition limit for this coin at just 7,500.
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Mint Name||Royal Canadian Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.39 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|
|Dimensions||67 x 67mm|