Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 Canada 1 Ounce $20 Silver Snowy Owl Colorized Proof - Landscape Illusion
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $89.95 $87.30
Final Release in Canada’s Landscape Illusion Series
For the final release in its Landscape Illusion Series, the Royal Canadian Mint chose the great Snowy Owl. The choice proved to be a superb decision as the colorized design of a snow-covered mountain on the reverse of this coin transforms into a majestic snowy owl upon a second look. Struck in a full ounce of highly pure 99.99% silver, this $20 legal-tender proof pays tribute to both the rugged nature of Canada’s wilderness as well as one of the creatures that dwells in that harsh environment.
With its yellow eyes and black beak, Canada’s snowy owl is one of North America’s largest owls. Their nearly all-white plumage helps camouflage them in their arctic habitat where they hunt primarily rodents and waterfowl. A true symbol of Canada, the snowy owl even appeared on the cover of “Fly by Night;” the second album by Canadian progressive rock supergroup Rush.
The 2017 Canada Landscape Illusion – Snowy Owl One-Ounce Colorized Silver Proof is an exceptional collectible with an original theme that appeals to art, nature and animal lovers alike. You will be amazed by the clever use of shadows, lines, shapes and light to create this coin’s eye-bending design.
- CANADIAN LANDSCAPE ILLUSION SERIES – This colorized silver proof is part of the Canadian Landscape Illusion series, which celebrates the art of illusion, transforming landscapes into Canadian wildlife. Look closely and you will see the image of a snow-covered mountain transform into a snowy owl. The coin’s obverse features a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – The 2017 Canada Landscape Illusion – Snowy Owl One-Ounce Colorized Silver Proof was struck in 99.99% silver.
- CANADIAN LEGAL TENDER – Each 2017 Canada Landscape Illusion – Snowy Owl One-Ounce Colorized Silver Proof is $20 legal tender in Canada.
- COMES IN GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Your 2017 Canada Landscape Illusion – Snowy Owl One-Ounce Colorized Silver Proof comes in gorgeous proof condition, meaning it was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields!
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The Royal Canadian Mint set the maximum worldwide limited edition for this coin at just 5,500.
Don’t delay – with just 5,500 of the coins ever struck, there aren’t enough of these owls to go around! Add one to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Mint Name||Royal Canadian Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.39 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|