Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 Canada 1 Ounce $ 200 Gold Football NGC PF70 FDI Theismann Signed
This Golden Football Coin Really Scores!
Monday morning quarterbacks have lamented the fact that they passed on acquiring this football-shaped coin when it was released in 2017. But now it’s back and better than ever – thanks to the added touch of a third-party grading service and the addition of a personally hand-signed signature of gridiron great Joe Theismann!
In 2017, the artisans at the Royal Canadian Mint meticulously crafted a football coin that faithfully reproduced all the standardized features of a modern Canadian football: the leather panels, “night stripes,” and laces that were once part of the manufacturing process but are now used to maximize grip. The coin really comes alive thanks to its unique shape and convex reverse. This remarkable legal-tender $25 coin was struck in a full ounce of highly-pure 99.99% gold and is from a strict limited edition of only 550 coins!
Your 2017 Canada Football One-Ounce Gold Coin has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) to be in in perfect Proof-70 (PF70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended! In addition, NGC has certified that your proof is a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin – independent authentication that it was released by the mint during the premier day of the series' issue.
Finally, the label encapsulated with your coin features the signature of legendary quarterback Joe (rhymes with “Heisman”) Theismann. An All-American quarterback at Notre Dame, Theismann is a member of the College Football Hall of Fame. He was drafted by the National Football League’s (NFL) Miami Dolphins in 1971, but failed to reach a contract agreement and played for the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League (CFL) for three seasons. With the Argos, Theismann was a two-time All-Star, and only a late fumble near the goal line by the team’s running back cost Toronto its first Grey Cup championship since 1952. The Washington Redskins secured Theismann’s rights from Miami in 1974, and he went on to play 12 years for the ‘Skins, twice leading his team to the Super Bowl; and winning it in 1982. His playing career came to an abrupt end in 1985 after he was famously blindsided by the New York Giants’ Lawrence Taylor on Monday Night Football and suffered a compound fracture of his lower right leg.
Don’t fumble this opportunity away – pounce on the limited-edition 2017 Canada Football One-Ounce Gold Proof with its First Day of Issue label signed by football legend Joe Theismann now!
- UNIQUE FOOTBALL-SHAPED PROOF – The Canadian Royal Mint used cutting-edge minting technology to strike this coin in a 3D football shape. It serves as a fine commemorate of the game that is popular all across North America in Canada and the United States. The coin’s reverse mimics a football complete with stripes and stitches while the obverse displays the regal portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE GOLD – Each Canada Football Gold Proof struck in one ounce of 99.99% gold.
- CANADIAN LEGAL TENDER – These 2017 Canada Football One-Ounce Gold Proofs are $25 legal tender in Canada.
- GRADED IN PERFECT CONDITION – Your 2017 Canada Football One-Ounce Gold Proof has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) to be in perfect Proof-70 (PF70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended!
- KEY FIRST DAY OF ISSUE CERTIFICATION – Your proof will be certified as a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) – independent authentication that it was released by the mint during the premier day of the series' issue.
- INCLUDES SIGNATURE OF FOOTBALL LEGEND JOE THEISMANN – The label encapsulated with your coin features the signature of legendary quarterback Joe Theismann, who, before playing 12 years in the National Football League (NFL) with the Washington Redskins, also played three seasons with the Toronto Argonauts in the Canadian Football League (CFL).
- EXTREMELY LOW LIMITED EDITION – The Royal Canadian Mint set the maximum worldwide edition limited for these proof at just 550.
Time is running out on your chance to get this coin. But there’s no need for a “Hail Mary,” just click it to your cart now and you’ll score with the 2017 Canada Football One-Ounce Gold Proof!
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Mint Name||Royal Canadian Mint|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|