Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 Canada 10 Dollar Silver Drum Dancing Matte Proof
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $39.95 $38.77
Celebrate Canada’s 150th Anniversary and Their Diverse Nation with This Drum Dancing Matte Proof!
Like the United States, the land that would become Canada was inhabited by Native Americans when the first Europeans arrived. 2017 also happens to be the 150th anniversary of Canada’s independence. To honor this historic occasion, the Royal Canadian Mint created a coin series with 13 designs celebrating the people, places, and animals that define Canada.
The coin shown here is the 2017 Drum Dancing Silver Matte Proof. The design is actually a reproduction of a picture taken for Canadian Geographic. The picture was taken during a Drum Dance performed by the Inuit people of Nunavut. This coin has a face value of ten dollars Canadian, and is minted from a half-ounce of .9999 fine silver.
- Colorized Inuit Design – The reverse shows an Inuit performing a traditional Drum Dance. The Inuit people have a unique culture that adds to Canada’s diversity while also keeping their own traditions alive. The reproduction of the photo has been colorized and the anniversary dates are also included in the design.
- Celebrating Canada’s 150th – This coin is part of a series created to honor the 150th anniversary of Canada’s Confederation. Each design in the series showcases a group, animal, or place that makes Canada unique.
- Made for Collectors – Like other collectible coins struck by the Royal Canadian Mint, a mintage limit was set for this one. The maximum mintage was set at 25,000 pieces. Its detailed design and anniversary theme only add to its collectible appeal.
- Matte Proof Finish and Original Packaging – The coin shown here has a Matte Proof finish and portions of the design have been colorized. You will receive an ungraded coin in its original presentation box with a certificate of authenticity.
The coins of the Celebrating Canada’s 150th series display the diversity of nature and people within Canada in an artistic and impressive way. With its limited mintage, original packaging, and iconic theme, the 2017 Canada $10 ½-oz Silver Drum Dancing Matte Proof is one coin every collector should consider. Don’t miss out, order one for your collection from GovMint.com!
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Mint Name||Royal Canadian Mint|
|Coin Weight||15.87 Grams - g|