Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 Canada 10 Dollar Silver Peyto Lake Matte Proof 150th Anniversary
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $39.95 $38.77
Celebrating 150 Years with Part of Canada’s Natural Beauty -- in 99.99% Pure Silver!
Canada stands out as a nation that has some of the most stunning landscapes on earth. This 2017 150th Anniversary Peyto Lake celebrates just one of those stunning images. The colorized image features the stunning light blue of the unspoiled mountain lake amid vast greenery. On either side of the lake rise the Rocky Mountains, complete with their snowy peaks and stark faces. Like other Canadian coinage, the obverse of this piece features Susanna Blunt’s right-side effigy of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the inscriptions “ELIZABETH II D.G. REGINA” and “10 DOLLARS.”
- Full-Color Image of the Natural Landscape -- Featuring Peyto Lake, dense forests, and the imposing Rocky Mountains.
- Half Ounce of 99.99% Pure Silver – As pure as the lake it shows!
- Eleventh in the Series – Part of a joint collection with Canadian Geographic.
- Ten Dollars Legal Tender for Canada – Struck at the world renowned Royal Canadian Mint.
- Limited Mintage – One of 25,000 pieces ever to be created.
2017 marks the sesquicentennial anniversary of Canadian confederation, and the Royal Canadian Mint is marking the occasion with several series. This one is a joint effort with Canadian Geographic and celebrates the diversity of natural wonders that Canada enjoys, though some of the coins incorporate a few manmade structures or other items into their designs. The outstanding quality of the images puts these serene settings into the hands of collectors and gives them the opportunity to appreciate them in a unique way. This coin celebrates an important milestone in Canadian history, and it may soon be history itself, so order yours from GovMint.com today!
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Mint Name||Royal Canadian Mint|
|Coin Weight||15.87 Grams - g|