Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 Canada 15 Dollar Silver in the Eyes of the Wolf Proof
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $69.95 $67.89
Remarkable coloring and innovative technology brings the 2017 Silver in the Eyes of the Wolf Proof coin to life
Another fantastic offering by the world-renowned Royal Canadian Mint, the 2017 $15 Silver in the Eyes of the Wolf Proof highlights some of the most sophisticated technology in numismatic coins today. Part of Canada’s Wildlife Species series, the coin has an innovative enamel effect which mimics color enamel with a rich, glossy look…but then transcends mere enamel to give the eyes of the featured animal an arresting, life-like appearance. And what better than a great horned owl to showcase the design’s other unique characteristic: glow-in-the-dark technology! You have only to hold the coin under a light source for 30-60 seconds, then view the coin with the lights shut off, to see this fantastic feature: the large eyes of the great wolf glow…just as they would were you to encounter this impressive animal on a moonlit night.
The Silver in the Eyes of the Wolf proof coin is the ultimate in eye-catching coin technology
The $15 Silver in the Eyes of the Wolf Proof combines breathtaking innovation with true artistry, creating a one of a kind coin for silver stackers and collectors alike. Minted in 99.99% fine silver, it weighs 23.17 grams, and has a diameter of 36 mm.
- A COIN WORTH GIVING A HOWL ABOUT-- The Royal Canadian Mint launched its Wildlife Species series with this coin, and it’s easy to see why. As designed by Canadian artist Curtis Atwater, the unbreakable spirit of the wolf couldn’t be more obvious. But the real showstopper of the reverse is the eyes, where an enamel effect imbues the amber-colored irises with a stunning life-like appearance. Glow-in-the-dark technology adds a luminous intensity to the great wolf’s steady gaze, brought into brilliant relief the moment the lights go down in the room. No inscriptions on the reverse take away from the coin’s stunning effect. The obverse of the coin features the 2003 Susanna Blunt depiction of Queen Elizabeth facing right, and also includes the inscriptions "ELIZABETH II," "DG REGINA," "CANADA," "15 DOLLARS" and the date "2017."
- ONLY 6,500 MINTED-- As if the coins weren’t collectable enough based on the sheer beauty and innovation of their design, the Royal Canadian Mint produced only 6,500 pieces of this edition of the series. They’re already selling out quickly, with interest building worldwide.
- AUTHENTIC, IMPRESSIVE PRESENTATION-- The 2017 Silver in the Eyes of the Wolf Proof will come to your door in proof condition, specially struck for maximum beauty. It will arrive complete with a Certificate of Authenticity, and packaged in a maroon clamshell, nestled within an elegant black box.
- GENUINE LEGAL TENDER -- The Silver in the Eyes of the Wolf will preside over any collection as a prime piece, but it’s also backed by Canada’s sovereign crown. Your Proof is certified as $15 Canadian legal ender!
With a mintage of 6,500 and the latest in numismatic minting technology, the 2017 Silver in the Eyes of the Wolf Proof coin is flying off the shelves. Get yours now from GovMint.com.
|Year of Issue||2017|