Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 Canada 20 Dollar 1-oz Silver Atlantic Starfish Proof
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ Was
$99.95$66.95 Was $97.00$64.97
Take Home an Underwater Marvel without Impacting the Ecosystem!
Seeing children explore at the beach is one of the joys of parenthood. Children wander out to explore a world that is hidden by the surface, taking with them their goggles and snorkeling masks. One of the creatures that invariably inspires shouts of joy and discovery is the simple yet marvelous starfish. These creatures are scattered throughout Canada’s coastline and are among the first sea creatures that most people who venture into the ocean ever see, in no small part because they are sitting there just under the surface. This coin beautifully captures that wonder, and its elusiveness, with a shoreline design that includes a lighthouse sitting on the shore and a wavy ocean, under the surface of which a pair of starfish sit waiting to be discovered.
- FIRST OF THREE IN THE "SEA TO SEA" SERIES – The Royal Canadian Mint is issuing a three-coin series that pays homage to the diversity of life in the three oceans – Atlantic, Arctic, and Pacific -- on which Canada has coastlines. This debutant features two starfish, which are found along Canada’s Atlantic coast.
- ELEGANT PROOFS IN STUNNING SILVER – Each coin has been struck on a planchets of .9999 fine silver, an exceptional standard of purity for an exceptional wonder of nature.
- CLAMSHELL WITH BLACK BEAUTY BOX – Each coin comes in a black beauty box that is set inside a maroon clamshell, providing an excellent way to put the coin on display. Also included is a Certificate of Authenticity.
- CANADA LEGAL TENDER -- Each 2017 Silver "Sea to Sea” Atlantic Starfish Proof has a face value of $20 in Canada. Canada is home to some of the world’s most magnificent natural scenery, including its vast coastlines and Niagara Falls.
- A LIMITED MINTAGE – The Royal Canadian Mint will release only 7,500 pieces in this mintage.
The Royal Canadian Mint is never short on new series that capture the richness of Canada’s culture, history, and geography. This coin beautifully captures one of the countless natural wonders that can be found in and around the country and does so in a way that illustrates how just a little curiosity and exploration can reveal even more wonders than those that immediately meet the eye in Canada. This issue includes just 7,500 pieces, so like some of Canada’s natural attractions, it may soon be elusive. Don’t wait to order yours from GovMint.com!
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Mint Name||Royal Canadian Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.39 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|