Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 Canada 20 Dollar 1-oz Silver Bee Bejeweled Bugs Proof
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $139.00 $134.90
The Beauty of the Bee without the Risk of Getting Stung!
Picnickers notwithstanding, the bee is one of the most important creatures on the planet. Known for constant busyness, the insect’s constant search for nectar ensures that it plays a vital role in pollination. It helps everything from gardeners growing beautiful flowers in their backyards to massive farms that feed billions with potatoes, wheat, and other crops. While speculation about the world’s population dying out without bees are likely overstated, it would have a tremendously negative impact on crop production and lead to substantial changes in the diets of most people throughout the world. While bees may not be welcome on a picnic, it’s hard to argue with the important role these marvelous creatures play for us. This coin gives you the chance to appreciate the bee’s beauty without having to worry about getting stung.
- THE FIRST IN THE "BEJEWELED BUGS" SERIES -- This 2017 Bee is the first coin in the Royal Canadian Mint’s new Bejeweled Bugs Series. The collection will feature a variety of insects, giving collectors the opportunity to appreciate these magnificent creatures in a unique way.
- ORNATELY BEJEWELED PROOFS IN STUNNING SILVER – Each Bejeweled Bee was struck from .9999 fine silver, making them among the purest coins issued by the Royal Canadian Mint. The unique adornments of precious and semi-precious gemstones bring the color of these wonders of nature to life.
- CANADA LEGAL TENDER – The coins in the Bejeweled Bugs Series have face values of $20. Although Canada’s currency is not tied to silver, this face value has, for the past several year, been more closely reflective of the intrinsic value of silver than issues of most other countries. Canada is home to countless natural wonders, including part of Niagara Falls, a popular destination among North American honeymooners.
- A LIMITED MINTAGE – This first issue in the Bejeweled Bugs Series has a limited mintage of just 4,000 pieces.
The Royal Canadian Mint is well reputed for its stunning coin series. Each year, collectors find new pieces to attract their interests, and this Bejeweled Bugs Series is no exception. This collection celebrates some of nature’s often overlooked beauty and does so with the artistic inclusion of precious and semi-precious gemstones, still more wonders of nature. While the bee’s stunning beauty could stand alone, it is enhanced by the floral backdrop. With a limited mintage of just 4,000 pieces, though, this coin will not be available for long, so order yours before the last one flies into private hands!
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Mint Name||Royal Canadian Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.39 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|