Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 Canada $20 One-Ounce Silver Nature’s Impression Woodland Caribou NGC PF69UC Early Releases
Make Tracks to Add This Silver Proof to Your Collection!
When the Royal Canadian Mint released its “Nature’s Impressions” series of wildlife-themed coins, it was hailed as a clever and innovative program. Part of what makes it so popular among collectors and animal enthusiasts alike is the unique method of striking the coins that leaves impressions of each animal’s footprints along the edge of the coin, incused into the rim.
2017’s One-Ounce Silver Caribou Proof from Canada continues that innovation with a magnificent design of a woodland caribou walking along a lake shoreline. The crisp impression of the caribou’s hoof prints engraved on the coin’s edge in a continuous pattern is remarkable! Struck in a full ounce of 99.99% silver, this large 38 mm legal-tender $20 coin is the perfect tribute to one of nature’s biggest creatures.
Your 2017 Canada Nature’s Impressions One-Ounce Silver Caribou proof has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in near-perfect Proof-69 Ultra Cameo (PF69UC) condition. In addition, your proof will also be certified as an Early Releases (ER) coin by NGC, meaning that it was among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue.
With its vast wilderness areas, Canada is home to some of the world’s most exotic wildlife. One of the most recognizable of these animals is the majestic woodland caribou. A subspecies of the reindeer, Canada’s boreal woodland caribou is the largest of the caribou subspecies with some males growing to weights of over 600 pounds. For thousands of years these woodland creatures were hunted by Native People during migration season. Today, among the endangered caribou’s biggest protectors are the descendants of those same hunters who have been instrumental in protecting its habitat!
You’ll want to track down one of these 2017 Canada Nature’s Impressions One-Ounce Silver Caribou Proofs and add it to your collection now while you still can. This is the second coin in the series and already the two other releases depicting the wolf and polar bear have become difficult to find. And with only 7,500 struck for worldwide release, these coins could disappear quickly. Add one to your cart today!
- EXCITING DESIGN CAPTURED IN SILVER – Big, bold and majestic, the image of one of Canada’s woodland caribous dominates the reverse of this coin. With its large body and distinctive antlers, the caribou is a true symbol of Canada. The coin’s obverse shows a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- CANADA LEGAL TENDER – Each coin is legal tender $20 in Canada.
- STRUCK IN PURE SILVER – Your Silver Caribou Proof has been struck in one ounce of highly-pure 99.99% silver.
- STRUCK IN NEAR-PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2017 Canada Nature’s Impressions One-Ounce Silver Caribou proof has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in near-perfect Proof-69 Ultra Cameo (PF69UC) condition, a distinction that means your almost-flawless coin will showcase an impressive full strike and indistinguishable imperfections – well above and beyond the quality of the vast majority of coins in the series.
- KEY EARLY RELEASES CERTIFICATION – Your proof will also be certified as an Early Releases (ER) coin by NGC, meaning that it was among the first struck by the mint and was verified within the first 30 days of issue.
- EXTREMELY LOW LIMITED EDITION – The 2017 Canada Nature’s Impressions One-Ounce Silver Caribou Proof is from an extremely limited edition of just 7,500.
The realistic depiction of a caribou on this coin is amazing. Don’t miss this opportunity to add this impressive, low mintage, edge-printed Canadian Silver Caribou Proof to your collection!
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Mint Name||Royal Canadian Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.39 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|