Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 Canada 25 Dollar Silver The Great Seal of Canada Proof
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $129.00 $125.19
Your Own Piece of Canadian Regalia!
The British Commonwealth consists of fifty-two sovereign states among which Canada is the largest by land area and ninth largest by population. Canadians are fiercely patriotic, yet they also have a tremendous respect for their rich history, including their ties to Great Britain and the monarch. In 2017, Canada celebrated the sesquicentennial anniversary of its confederation, which is when it became a self-governing entity. In 1952, the Royal Canadian Mint designed the current Great Seal of Canada, which pays homage to the monarchy while also recognizing the authority of the Canadian government. This coin gives you the opportunity to own a piece of Canada’s unique history, and it comes from the Royal Canadian Mint, which has played and continues to play an important role in how the country marks that history.
- A NATIONAL SYMBOL OF CANADA – This 2017 Silver Great Seal of Canada Proof bears the current Great Seal of Canada, which the Royal Canadian Mint design in 1952. The seal is imprinted on important national documents, thus certifying their authenticity and affirming the sanction of the Crown and the authority of the government.
- PHENOMENAL ULTRA-HIGH RELIEF PROOFS IN .9999 SILVER – This Great Seal of Canada Proof has been struck on a .9999 fine silver planchet, which makes for a fitting canvas for the regal design. The ultra-high relief engraving and selective gold plating enhance every detail of this stunning design.
- CANADA LEGAL TENDER -- Each 2017 Silver The Great Seal of Canada Proof Proof $25 Canadian legal tender, as indicated under Susanna Blunt’s portrait of Queen Elizabeth II on the obverse. Canada has a rich history that includes close ties to Britain and its monarchy, ties that remain in place to this day as evidenced by the Queen’s presence on Canadian money and the office of the Governor General.
- COMES WITH A BEAUTIFUL MOAROON CLAMSHELL – The coin comes in a beautiful maroon clamshell that has a black beauty box. This is ideal for putting the coin on display in any collection.
- A LIMITED MINTAGE – Although the piece would be a prized possession not just of Canadian collectors but with any collector who has an affinity for the nation, mintage has been capped at just 6,000 pieces.
Canada’s strong ties to the British monarchy are on full display on this 2017 Silver Great Seal of Canada Proof. In fact, the rim inscriptions on the reverse offer the monarch’s name, “ELIZABETH II,” and “QUEEN OF CANADA/REINE DU CANADA.” She sits on her Coronation Chair at the center wearing her crown and holding a scepter and orb, symbols of her power, in her hands. Whether you have an affinity for Canada, history, or the monarchy, or you simply want to own the first ever coin of the Royal Canadian Mint that combines gold plating with ultra-high relief engraving, you won’t have much time to get this coin thanks to its limited mintage of just 6,000 pieces. Order yours today at GovMint.com!
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Mint Name||Royal Canadian Mint|
|Coin Weight||30 Grams - g|