Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 Canada 30 Dollar Silver Cutout Whooping Crane Proof
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ Was
$149.00$113.00 Was $144.60$109.67
Celebrate the rare beauty of the avian world with the 2017 Whooping Crane Proof coin
Considered North America’s tallest bird, the whooping crane has become one of the rarest birds on the continent, and the focus of significant conservation efforts for the past few years. Fitting, then, that it is the subject of the Endangered Animal Cutout Series, specially created by the Royal Canadian Mint to showcase at-risk species that are a key part of Canada’s cherished biodiversity. The whooping crane is one of only two cranes found in North America, and has suffered major population decline due to habitat loss and over-hunting. The population fell to only 15 individuals in the 1940s, and the species was classified as endangered in 1967. Now you can honor both the majestic bird and extraordinary Canadian artistry with one unique coin.
This beautiful coin, struck in 99.99% fine silver, features a uniquely-shaped cutout that creates the whooping crane’s distinctive profile. Crafted by Canadian artist Trevor Tennant, the coin’s detailed engraving and multiple finishes recreate the majestic forests of the whooping crane’s nesting grounds, with a cutout that emphasizes the large bird’s iconic silhouette. Perhaps most strikingly, it reimagines the landscape without this treasured, endangered bird. This poignant, powerful coin is waiting for you at GovMint.com.
A rare and striking coin honoring a rare and striking species
The $30 Silver Cutout Whooping Crane Proof is a striking coin that carries a message both powerful and memorable. Weighing in at 56.30 grams, it’s fully 54 mm in diameter.
- CONSERVATION’S CORE MESSAGE, CAPTURED IN ONE STUNNING COIN-- A picture may indeed be worth a thousand words, and nowhere is that clearer than in the artwork of your 2017 $30 Silver Cutout Whooping Crane Proof. Artist Trevor Tennant’s meticulously-crafted reverse features a cutout of the whooping crane in its breeding grounds near the border of Alberta and the Northwestern territories. In addition to the water, grasses, and distant mountain skyline of the setting, the reverse is inscribed with the words "CANADA," "30 DOLLARS," and the date "2017." The obverse takes the familiar Susanna Blunt depiction of Queen Elizabeth II facing right and places it above and to the left of the cutout. Elizabeth is surrounded by the inscriptions "ELIZABETH II," and "DG REGINA."
- A LOW-MINTAGE TO REFLECT THE DWINDLING NUMBERS OF THE CRANES THEMSELVES-- As rare as the birds themselves are becoming, this striking coin is also difficult to find. Only 5,500 pieces were minted, and when they’re gone…they’re gone.
- PRISTINE PRESENTATION-- Beautiful and elegant, 2017 Silver Cutout Whooping Crane Proof has been packaged distinctively by the Royal Canadian Mint in a maroon clamshell with an elegant black box. It will arrive in pristine, proof condition with its own Certificate of Authenticity.
- GENUINE LEGAL TENDER -- While the cutout of this silver piece will make it one you will want to keep for generations, your coin is certified as $30 Canadian legal tender.
With a mintage of 5,500 and imagery that strikes to the heart of the need for conservation, the 2017 Silver Cutout Whooping Crane Proof is a key find for any discerning collector. Get yours now from GovMint.com.
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Mint Name||Royal Canadian Mint|
|Coin Weight||56.56 Grams - g|