Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 China Silver & Gold Auspicious Surplus 2-pc Proof Set
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $479.20 $465.06
$239.60 / month
A Joyous Wish for Luck and Good Fortune
Traditional Chinese culture is filled with symbols and signs that offer a glimpse into the future. The signs of the lunar calendar, for example, are used as a way to predict one’s path through life. One of the most intuitive observances is being aware of auspicious signs – the symbols of which are said to bring good luck. Now you can add some of that good fortune to your life with these coins that offer a joyous wish for luck and good fortune.
Struck in 2017 by the China Mint, these adorable coins feature a happy little girl bouncing along with a lotus flower while a Koi fish swims by her side. The symbolism is quite rich: lotus flowers are a symbol of perfection and beauty and Koi fish are considered to be a symbol of strength because they are constantly swimming upstream and against the current. Their image is also often used to represent independence, perseverance, ambition and good luck. The inscription in Chinese to the left of the design reads: “May every year end with plentiful surplus.”
The coins in this two-piece set are struck highly pure silver and gold. The silver coin is struck 30 grams of 99.9% silver and the gold coin is struck in 5 grams of 99.9% gold. Plus, each coin in this set is a legal-tender coin in the People’s Republic of China. The silver coin bears a denomination of 10 Yuan while the gold coin is 80 Yuan. In addition, both coins in your 2017 China Silver & Gold Auspicious Surplus Two-Piece Set come in gorgeous Proof condition, meaning they were expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
Just 60,000 silver coins were struck and only 30,000 gold coins were struck – amazingly low numbers when you consider the 30-gram silver Panda from 2017 had a mintage of 10 million! Your coins will also come with match-numbered Certificates of Authenticity. In addition to being a tremendous addition to any coin collection, this set will make a thoughtful gift to anyone in your life on a birthday or special occasion. Secure your set today!
- BEAUTIFUL COIN DESIGNS – These charming coins feature a little girl, a lotus flower and a Koi fish – auspicious images in Chinese culture. The obverse of each displays the national emblem of the People’s Republic of China.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER & GOLD – The coins in this two-piece set are struck highly pure silver and gold. The silver coin is struck 30 grams of 99.9% silver and the gold coin is struck in 5 grams of 99.9% gold.
- LEGAL TENDER COINS – Each coin in this set is a legal-tender coin in the People’s Republic of China. The silver coin bears a denomination of 10 Yuan while the gold coin is 80 Yuan.
- GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Both coins in your 2017 China Silver & Gold Auspicious Surplus Two-Piece Set come in gorgeous Proof condition.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The coins in your set are match-numbered. Just 60,000 silver coins were struck and only 30,000 gold coins were struck.
Celebrate luck and good fortune with the 2017 China Silver & Gold Auspicious Surplus Two-Piece Proof Set. Order yours today!
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Mint Name||China Mint|
|Coin Weight||5 Grams - g, 30 Grams - g|
|Weight||1/10 Ounce - oz, 1 Ounce - oz|