Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 Cook Islands 1-oz Gold Spiderman NGC PF70UCAM FDI Mercanti/Lee
Two Superheroes Unite for One Blockbuster Proof!
(Web-slinging) hands down, one of 2017's hottest films is "Spider-Man: Homecoming." But why the title? If you're a die-hard Marvel fan, it's the homecoming of Spider-Man to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, or MCU. Tony Stark's quick recruitment of Peter Parker in 2016's "Captain America: Civil War" has blossomed into a full-on "internship" at Stark Industries. But when Spider-Man's pursuit of The Vulture threatens the lives of innocent people, Stark repossesses Peter's tricked-out suit -- leaving him with only his wits and radioactive gifts to save the day. But, even with victory in sight, what future wars lie ahead for Spider-Man and the rest of the Avengers?
An Acclaimed Artist Finds His Perfect Subject!
It's also a homecoming for John Mercanti, 12th Chief Engraver of the U.S. Mint and renowned designer of coins, including the reverse of the beloved United States Silver Eagle. A true celebrity in the coin world, mention Mercanti's name among collectors and you'll receive instant recognition. But, it turns out that Mercanti is also a massive comic book fan! When the opportunity to design a coin for "Spider-Man: Homecoming" came up, John cleared his work schedule just to work on this "dream come true." Now, the superhero of coin design has completed this gorgeous passion project -- introducing the 1-oz Gold Spider-Man: Homecoming Proof!
The First One Ounce Gold Spider-Man Proof EVER!
That's right! With Spider-Man in full web-slinging and sky-swinging form, John Mercanti's design brings Peter Parker's alter ego to life in one ounce of 99.99% pure gold for the first time ever! The action is all set against an intricate spider web background and wreathed with the title "Spider-Man: Homecoming." Flip over this legal tender 200 dollar Cook Islands coin to find Ian Rank-Broadley's portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Proof-minted using polished dies, multiple strikes and hand-selected planchets, this coin shines with mirror-like surfaces and razor-sharp details.
Your 1-oz Gold Spider-Man Proof also comes with these "Amazing" features!
- Your coin will be certified Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70 UC) by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC), a distinction that means your perfectly-graded Spider-Man Proof will have ZERO imperfections -- showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended!
- Your Spider-Man Proof will also be certified First Day of Issue (FDI) by NGC -- independent authentication that your proof was released by the mint during the premier day of the series' issue.
- Your proof will be sonically sealed in an acrylic case with a special red display core -- giving you the best in protection while granting clear sightlines into every beautiful detail.
- In addition, all of your coin's unique characteristics will be described in detail on the acrylic case’s special Spider-Man label, which will also come hand-signed by designer John Mercanti!
- Finally, you'll receive a numbered certificate of authenticity signed by 94-years-young comic book legend Stan "The Man" Lee himself -- the creator of Spider-Man!
An official Marvel Release, your 1-oz Gold Spider-Man Proof will arrive along with a numbered certificate of authenticity. Spider-Man has been fighting crime for over 55 years, catching countless fans in his webs. But, only 250 of these 1-oz Gold Spider-Man Proofs will be minted for Spidey's global audience. And, with 2017's newest adventure, we're expecting Spider-Mania to make quick work of these proofs! Don't wait another second -- do whatever you can to sling this proof home today!
© MARVEL © 2017 CPII
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Coin Weight||31.1 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|