Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 Cook Islands 10 Dollar 2-oz Silver Statue Of Liberty Bar Proof
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $149.00 $144.60
Stand for Liberty with the 2017 $10 2-Oz Silver Statue of Liberty Bar Proof Coin
The Statue of Liberty has enjoyed a long and storied history. Designed by Frédéric Auguste Bartholdi, the statue is of a figure of a robed woman, representing Libertas a Roman goddess. She holds a torch aloft with her right hand, while in her left hand she carries a tablet inscribed in roman numerals with the date of July 4, 1776, the date of the U.S. Declaration of Independence. At her feet rests a broken chain. Almost since the day it was dedicated in 1886, the Statue of Liberty has served as an icon of freedom and of the United States, a particularly welcome sight to immigrants arriving from abroad.
Now that iconic statue is honored anew by the 2017 $10 Silver Statue of Liberty Bar Proof coin, issued by the Mayer Mint in the Cook Islands. This oversized, two ounce silver bar was minted with Smartminting© technology, a process that allows for higher relief on standard weight coins. The result is a stunning depiction of a classic image, made even more valuable by a markedly low mintage. To get your Liberty Bar coin before our supply is exhausted, contact GovMint.com today.
An image that welcomes hundreds of thousands home
The Statue of Liberty is perhaps one of the most famous images of US freedom, and the 2017 Silver Statue of Liberty Bar Proof coin recreates it with honor. Your coin contains two full ounces of 99.9% fine silver, weighs 62.20 grams, and it’s distinctively shaped as a 17x47 mm rectangle.
- TWO OUNCES OF SILVER MINTED IN A TIMELESS IMAGE-- With the Statue of Liberty gracing its reverse, the 2017 Silver Statue of Liberty Bar Proof coin was already destined to become a fan favorite, but the imagery is further enhanced with the use of Smartminting© technology, a revolutionary numismatic process that deepens the contrast between the flat and raised surfaces of the coin. The reverse features the Statue of Liberty holding her torch high, cradling a tablet inscribed with the date July 4, 1776. Inscriptions on the reverse include "THE LIBERTY BAR COLLECTION," a stylized rendering of "STATUE OF LIBERTY" and the date "2017." The coin’s obverse features a bust of Queen Elizabeth II facing right, designed by Ian Rank-Broadley, whose initials rest at the base of the queen’s image. Also inscribed on the obverse are the words "ELIZABETH II", "10 DOLLARS," and "COOK ISLANDS."
- EXCEPTIONALLY LOW MINTAGE-- As with many coins from the Cook Islands, mintage of this piece was extremely limited. Only 1,000 of these unique proofs were struck.
- CERTIFIED, PROOF CONDITION-- Each silver Statue of Liberty Bar is certified to be in proof condition, accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity and packaged in a plastic vinyl flip.
- GENUINE LEGAL TENDER -- Though the value of this piece lies in in its artistry and silver content, your CI 2017 $10 Silver Statue of Liberty Bar Proof coin is certified as $1 Cook Islands legal tender.
Featuring an enduring symbol of freedom known the world over, the 2017 Silver Statue of Liberty Bar Proof coin is the perfect edition to your silver collection, or a thoughtful, patriotic gift. To secure yours, contact GovMint.com, today.
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Coin Weight||62.2 Grams - g|
|Weight||2 Ounces - oz|
|Dimensions||27 x 47mm|