Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 Cook Islands 20 Dollar 3-oz Silver 100th Anniversary of Graf Zeppelin Proof
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $249.00 $241.65
$124.50 / month
Commemorating the Death of an Air Travel Visionary -- in 99.9% Pure Silver!
Air travel was considered science fiction not long ago. Thanks to pioneers like the one that this 3-oz Silver 2017 Cook Islands 100th Anniversary of Graf Zeppelin honors, it is something that millions take for granted today. Unlike virtually all other coins, this one makes use of both faces to honor him. On the reverse is a portrait of him with the airship that bore his name in the distance. Inscriptions include the years of his life, “1938-1917,” his title and name, “GRAF FERDINAND VON ZEPPELIN,” and “100TH ANNIVERSARY.” Like other coins issued by the Cook Islands, the obverse features Ian Rank-Broadley’s portrait of Queen Elizabeth II along with the date, country, and face value. Unlike other coins, though, those items are raised to the top to make room for the Graf Zeppelin airship on its arctic expedition.
- Stunning Images of Graf Zeppelin and the Airship Named for Him – Includes a detailed portrait and two airship images.
- Three Troy Ounces of 99.9% Fine Silver – An ideal backdrop, especially for the arctic image.
- Honoring a Legend – Zeppelin’s life and work warranted their own set of issues independent of a series.
- Twenty Dollars Legal Tender for the Cook Islands – Struck at the Mayer Mint, one of Europe’s leading manufacturers of stunning coins.
- Limited Mintage – With a mintage of 499, ownership of this coin would put you in an exclusive club!
- Includes a Fabric Fragment from the LZ127, or Graf Zeppelin – The coin includes a little piece of the airship depicted.
Graf Zeppelin’s life, work, and legacy are enough to inspire anyone who is determined to do what others deem impossible. Although he died in 1917, an airship was later completed and named in his honor. That airship offered the first ever commercial flight service connecting Europe and the Americas, thus dramatically accelerating the continuing shrinkage of the globe that continues today. Zeppelin’s innovation and determination make this piece a great choice for any collector who is striving toward his own life goals. Make sure to order yours today, though, because with its low mintage of just 499 pieces, these coins will fly away faster than even latest successors to Zeppelin’s airship!
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Weight||3 Ounces - oz|