Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 Cook Islands $5 1-oz Silver Wizard of Oz™ Yellow Brick Road Proof
Just One Simple Direction...
“Follow the Yellow Brick Road!” With those words, Dorothy and her dog Toto began a colorful journey that remains an immortal piece of cinema history. And the most famous artifact of that journey by far is the magical pair of Ruby Red Slippers™ Dorothy wore vas she traveled the Emerald City of Oz. many people don’t know this, but in Frank Baum’s original novel, Dorothy wore silver slippers, but since red looked more colorful on screen, the costume designers at MGM gave the footwear a red coloring. Today only five known pairs worn by Judy Garland during the film’s production are known to exist, with one donated to the Smithsonian® by an anonymous fan who had paid $15,000 for the beloved piece of film memorabilia.
Now you can own a piece of cinematic history with this officially-licensed coin that showcases Dorothy’s magical slippers about to take their first steps along the Yellow brick Road. Struck in a full ounce of highly-pure 99.9% fine silver by the prestigious Mayer Mint on behalf of the Cook Islands, this incredible silver proof features those very shoes. What makes this coin even more magical is the fact that it has been embedded with genuine Swarovski Crystals to really sparkle and dazzle! Plus, the entire design has been colorized – from the famous brick road right down to the Emerald City of Oz shimmering in the background.
Each proof in this offering has been expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields. Plus, each will come with a Certificate of Authenticity and displayed in its very own custom box! Issued in 2017, just 5,000 of these delightful proof coins were minted for worldwide release so if you want to add one to your collection you must act fast. Click your heels together and add one of these enchanting coins to your collection!
- TRIBUTE TO A BELOVED FILM CLASSIC – This beautiful coin pays tribute to The Wizard of Oz by featuring the famous Yellow brick Road and Dorothy’s Ruby Red Slippers™ – in dazzling full color! The coin’s obverse features the regal portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – Each Wizard of Oz Yellow Brick Road Proof was struck in a full ounce of highly-pure 99.9% fine silver.
- LEGAL-TENDER COINS – These 2017 Cook Islands One-Ounce Silver Wizard of Oz Yellow Brick Road Proof are $5 legal tender in the Cook Islands.
- GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Your 2017 Cook Islands One-Ounce Silver Wizard of Oz Yellow Brick Road Proof was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The limited edition for these proof coins is just 5,000.
Don’t’ wait for a house to fall on you or for flying monkeys to spirit you away, journey back to Oz with this exquisite 2017 Cook Islands One-Ounce Silver Wizard of Oz Yellow Brick Road Proof now before they’re all gone!
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Mint Name||Mayer Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.103 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|