Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 Cook Islands 5 Dollar 25-gram Silver Shades of Nature Hummingbird Proof
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $89.95 $87.30
Celebrating One of Nature’s Most Mesmerizing Wonders -- in 99.9% Pure Silver!
The hummingbird is one of the creatures in nature that captures the imaginations of virtually all who see them, and this 2017 Gilt Hummingbird does the same. The Mayer Mint brought this piece to life through the use of precision laser engraving, which enabled them to execute every fine detail in the iridescent plumage of the bird and the petals of the flower. Both stand out exceptionally in silver against the gilt background. As with other issues of the Cook Islands, the obverse features Ian Rank-Broadley’s right-side portrait of Queen Elizabeth II wearing a tiara. Her name, along with the name of the issuing country and face value of the coin, are inscribed along the rim.
- Stunning Silver-on-Gold Hummingbird – Two popular metals complementing each other perfectly
- Twenty-five Grams of 99.9% Pure Silver – Stands out against a gilt surface!
- Fourth in the Series – A great way to start or grow a Shades of Nature collection.
- Five Dollars Legal Tender for Cook Islands – Struck in Germany at the Mayer Mint, one of Europe’s leading coin producers.
- Limited Mintage – This piece is one of just 2,000 of its kind!
The hummingbird is a true wonder of nature in large part because it is the only known type of bird to be able to fly backwards. It can also fly forward, like other birds, and hover in midair. They are tiny creatures that are generally quite small. In fact, the Cuban bee hummingbird, which is shown on this coin, is not much larger than the piece’s diameter! Whether forwards or backwards, this coin’s 2,000 pieces are sure to fly into private hands quickly, so do not wait to order yours from GovMint.com!
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Coin Weight||25 Grams - g|