Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 Cook Islands 5 Dollar Half Gram Gold 100th Anniversary of Graf Zeppelin Proof
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $49.95 $48.48
Commemorating 100 Years since the death of Graf Ferdinand von Zeppelin -- in 99.99% Pure Gold!
Graf Ferdinand von Zeppelin is an unsung hero in aviation pioneering. He dedicated his life to the development of airships, continuing his work in the field right up until his death in 1917. Years after he died, the Graf Zeppelin airship LX127 was built in his honor, and it was the first to offer transatlantic transportation. It flew over 1.7 million kilometers through its 590 flights, including its 1929 circumnavigation of the globe and its 1931 polar flight. Graf Ferdinand von Zepplin’s portrait serves as the reverse design, along with inscriptions of his name, “100th Anniversary,” and the years of his life, “1838-1917.” Queen Elizabeth II’s portrait by Ian Rank-Broadley is encircled by rim inscriptions on the obverse, including her name, “ELIZABETH II,” “COOK ISLANDS,” and “5 DOLLARS.”
- Angled Portrait of Graf Zeppelin – A close up image that offers astounding detail.
- Smartminting© technology – Ensures outstanding quality even on a small coin.
- Half Gram of 99.99% Pure Gold -- A small yet stunning canvas!
- One of a Kind – A standalone coin for a man whose work stands out in history.
- Five Dollars Legal Tender for the Island Nation of the Cook Islands – struck in Germany at the Mayer Mint, a giant in European coin production.
- See-through Display Case – Protects the coin while it is on display.
- Limited Mintage – This coin is part of a mintage of just 15,000 pieces!
With the world coming together and many people taking for granted the ability to get from nearly anywhere on the planet to anywhere else on the planet within a day or less, it is easy to forget that not too long ago that ability was considered science fiction. Although Graf Zeppelin’s models are less popular than planes, they did lead to tremendous strides not only in what was possible at the time but also what men with imagination could foresee and work towards in the future. Whether you are fascinated by aviation history or you simply admire the work of a man who had vision, share in this commemoration of his life and work today by adding this coin to your collection.
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Coin Weight||.50 Grams - g|