Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 France 1-oz Silver Europa Star Age of Iron Proof
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $59.95 $58.18
Recall the glory days of the age of Iron and Glass with this stunning French coin!
When you think of France’s rich history, certain icons spring to mind: The Eiffel Tower, the author Victor Hugo, and the painting of Liberty Leading the People. What better way to preserve those extraordinary images than with a coin designed specifically to celebrate them!
The 2017 1 ounce Silver Europa Star – Age of Iron Proof, minted from the famed Monnaie de Paris Mint, celebrates the best of France.
- Victor Hugo, the illustrious writer, poet and intellectual, known for such works as "Notre-Dame de Paris" and "Les Miserables."
- The Eiffel Tower, the world-famous Parisian monument built by Gustave Eiffel for the Universal Exhibition of Paris in 1889.
- Liberty Leading the People, a renowned oil painting by Eugene Delacroix, inspired by the revolution of 1830.
So many extraordinary symbols, one beautiful coin. And it can be yours today from GovMint.com!
A collection for silver fans and Europhiles alike
The Europa Star series was initiated in 2004, and was intended to bring European monetary institutions involved in the European Silver Program together with a collective annual theme. The series has proven popular with collectors worldwide, and it’s easy to see why. Your 2017 1 ounce Silver Europa Star, with its mirror-like, proof finish, is struck in 90 percent fine silver. It weighs 22.2 grams and is 37 mm in diameter. When you receive yours, you’ll feel the weight of history in your hand.
- THE AGE OF IRON AND GLASS, PRESERVED FOREVER-- A coin this beautiful takes careful thought, and that attention to detail is evident on both the obverse and reverse of this impressive coin. The obverse of your 2017 Silver Europa Star – Age of Iron proof features an image common to all the countries from the Europa Star Program, the titular Star. In its center is the goddess Europa, draped in a flag. Also inscribed on the obverse are the words "EUROPE ROMANTIQUE & MODERNE" and "REPUBLIC FRANCAISE," as well as the date "2017." On the reverse of the coin, you’ll find depictions of the age of Iron and Glass in France, represented by author Victor Hugo, the technological masterpiece of the Eiffel tower, and the famed "Liberty Leading the People" image, along with the French flag rendered in full, glorious color. Also on the reverse is the denomination "10 Euro," as well as the signature of Victor Hugo and the iconic French motto "LIBERTE, EGALITE, FRATERNITE."
- BRILLIANT PROOF FINISH-- Proof coins are distinguished by their mirror-like surface and sharpness of detail, but "Proof" refers to a minting process rather than a grade. These coins are struck on specially-made planchets, using polished dies, and are intended exclusively for collectors. So you’ll receive your coin in the same condition it was the day it rolled off the mint in France!
- CERTIFIED LEGAL TENDER, DISTINCTIVELY PACKAGED -- Your 2017 Silver Europa Star is legal tender of 10 Euros, and will be delivered to you in a mint box with a certificate of authenticity.
Whether you’re a collectible of beautiful commemorative coins, a fan of European history, or wish to celebrate the beauty of one of France’s most illustrious ages, the 2017 1 ounce Silver Europa Star -- Age of Iron Proof is a fantastic addition to any collection. Get yours now from GovMint.com.
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Mint Name||Monnaie de Paris|
|Coin Weight||22.2 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|