Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 Great Britain 25 Pound 1/4-oz Platinum Britannia NGC PF70UCAM First Struck
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $1,295.00 $1,256.80
$323.75 / month
A Gorgeous Contemporary Design Celebrates 30 Years of the Britannia!
Over 2,000 years ago, when the Romans first landed on the shores of a massive island beyond the northernmost reaches of their empire, they named the discovered land Britannia. Over the years, the title of Britannia bloomed into a lyrical personification of the isles that evolved from the conquered figure imagined under Emperor Hadrian to the "warrior queen" of the Elizabethan era and beyond. And while the United Kingdom continues to change and evolve, the figure of Britannia still stands tall, illuminating the ideals of pride, fortitude and progress.
Britannia's beauty and symbolism has graced British coins for centuries. So, it was only natural for her to take center stage when the Royal Mint debuted their premier gold bullion series in 1987. Bringing silver into the fold in 1997, today the Britannia is among the most premier names in precious metal coinage, standing with the South African Krugerrand, the American Eagle and the Canadian Maple Leaf. And while the bullion edition of the Britannia has kept its same design since 2013, each year brings an exciting new design to the Britannia Proof -- and this year is no different! With a new contemporary design by one of England's rising young artists, we're proud to bring you the 2017 Quarter-Ounce Platinum Britannia Proof!
- MAGNIFICENT MODERN DESIGN-- Since the Britannia series is celebrating its 30th anniversary, the Royal Mint put the call out for young talent to create a modern, progressive design for the 2017 series. The result is a stunning vision from Louis Tamlyn, a student at Central Saint Martins in London. Rich with symbolism, this gorgeous creation imagines Britannia in the form of the British Isles, crowned with her Corinthian helmet, shield and trident in her hands, over a field of radial lines that evoke the Union Jack.
- AN ANNIVERSARY TRIDENT MINT MARK-- To mark the series' 30th anniversary, each 2017 Platinum Britannia Proof features a special one-year-only anniversary trident fork mint mark.
- PROOF-STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE PLATINUM-- The artisans at the Royal Mint use hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to create gorgeous 1/4-ounce, 99.95% pure platinum pieces of numismatic art. In addition, each Britannia Proof is 25 pounds sterling United Kingdom legal tender -- a fact you'll find minted on the coin's obverse along with Jody Clark's profile of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- CERTIFIED FLAWLESS-- Your 2017 Quarter-Ounce Platinum Britannia Proof will come certified Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70 UC) by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC), a distinction that means your perfectly graded proof will have ZERO imperfections -- showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended In addition, your proof will be certified as One of First 100 Struck by NGC. Finally, your proof will also be sonically sealed in an acrylic case with a special Britannia label, giving you the best in protection while granting clear sightlines into every beautiful detail.
- A LIMITED-MINTAGE EVENT -- Limited to a production run of 850 coins, this is the only Platinum Britannia Proof to be released by the Royal Mint in 2017 AND the first of its kind since 2008. This intricate design will only be minted for this 2017 series -- once they're gone, they're gone for good!
Like the others that came before it, this 2017 Platinum Britannia Proof both establishes and reimagines an enduring symbol of British strength. Whether you're new to the Britannia series or a longtime collector, coin fanatic or Anglophile, this vision is one worth bringing home. Don't miss this opportunity -- order yours today!
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Mint Name||The Royal Mint|
|Coin Weight||7.77 Grams - g|
|Weight||1/4 Ounce - oz|