Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 Great Britain Kilo Silver 70th Wedding Anniversary Proof
Silver That Celebrates the First Platinum Royal Wedding Anniversary in British History!
"My husband has, quite simply, been my strength and stay all these years, and I owe him a debt greater than he would ever claim." - Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, 1997
It was 1939 when, during a visit to the Royal Naval College in Dartmouth, a young Princess Elizabeth caught the eye of handsome student Philip, the son of Prince Andrew of Greece and Denmark. Smitten with each other from the very beginning, their love grew under the dark shadow of World War II. While Philip was at sea with the Royal Navy, their affection and yearning for each other gave them strength as Great Britain fought towards victory. Reunited with Elizabeth after the war, Philip soon became a British subject, took the last name of Mountbatten and deserted his royal titles -- all for the woman he would ask to marry.
After a short summer engagement, the two were wedded in Westminster Abbey on November 20th, 1947. 2,000 guests were present with 200 million more in attendance via worldwide radio broadcast. Just a little over four years later, the Princess became the Queen and Philip would leave the navy to be her loyal royal consort. 70 years since their wedding day, having visited more than 120 countries and serving as parents, grandparents and great-grandparents to a new royal generation, both Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip are still together in good health and devoted love. Now, you can bring home a celebration of this first platinum royal wedding anniversary in British history with a stunning silver proof from the Royal Mint!
- A VISION OF LIFE AND LOVE . . .-- The acclaimed British sculptor Etienne Milner has brought his detailed and expressive style of figurative art to the first combined portrait of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip on an official Royal Mint coin in a decade. Its breathtaking design reflects decades of life, service and optimism for the future of England.
- . . . ENTWINING TWO ROYAL HISTORIES!-- Look to the reverse of this silver proof to discover one of the two coin designs created by John Bergdahl for this unique platinum anniversary. Here, two coats of arms represent the royal lineages of both Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip above the inscription of "70 years of marriage" and the date of 2017.
- PROOF-STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER-- The artisans at the Royal Mint use hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to create massive one kilogram, 99.9% fine silver pieces of numismatic art. In addition, each 2017 70th Wedding Anniversary Proof is 500 pounds sterling Great Britain legal tender, as struck into each coin's obverse along with its milestone dual portrait.
- REMARKABLE ROYAL MINT PACKAGING!-- Your proof will come enclosed in a beautifully crafted Royal Mint case, accompanied by a numbered mint certificate of authenticity.
- A LIMITED-MINTAGE EVENT! -- Only 550 of these silver proofs will be minted, and only 500 will come in this special Royal Mint packaging!
The reign of Queen Elizabeth II has experienced historic change, growth and progress -- not to mention unprecedented longevity! As each unique anniversary arrives, more and more people around the globe look to add official Royal Mint coins like these to their collections. For this first, and for many of our lifetimes, probably only British royal platinum wedding anniversary in history, we're expecting significant demand for these reverent commemoratives. Don't wait for another 70 years -- get your silver proof today!
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Mint Name||The Royal Mint|
|Coin Weight||1005 Grams - g|