Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 Indiana 1 Dollar 1-oz Silver Miami Mink Proof
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $89.95 $87.30
Add a Little Native American Culture to Your Collection with this Silver Proof!
While some are unaware of it, there was great diversity among the many tribes of Native Americans that could be found throughout the areas that now make up the United States. From the Cherokee and the Navajo to the Iroquois and Mohawk, there were many differences between the tribes that originally inhabited this area.
This silver proof was issued for 2017 as part of the Native Dollars series. Each coin in this series features a different Native American tribe. This 2017 Silver Proof was struck by the Native American Mint. It features the Miami Mink design, the Miami tribe originated from the area that is now the state of Indiana.
- Miami Mink Design – Each coin in the Native Dollars series highlights a different tribe of Native Americans. The Miami tribe came from the area that we call Indiana today. Their design features a mink, which was an important animal to the Miami tribe. The obverse of this Proof depicts a traditional member of the Miami tribe with a feathered headdress. The reverse shows a highly-detailed mink.
- One-Ounce of Solid Silver – This proof weighs one Troy ounce. The Native American Mint struck this coin from 99.9% fine Silver.
- Face Value of $1 – If you look at the obverse you can see this coin has a face value of $1 backed by sovereign Native American tribes. However, this coin is not accepted as legal tender in the United States.
- GEM Proof – Minted using specially treated dies and struck two or more times. By striking it more than once the metal is forced into all the crevices of the die giving a very fine detail to the design on the coin.
You could add a piece of a landmark coin series to your collection. Order a 2017 1-oz Silver Indiana Miami Mink Proof from GovMint.com today!
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Coin Weight||31.1 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|