Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 Mexico 2 Ounce Silver Libertad Proof
Don’t Miss Mexico's 2017 Libertad Silver Proof
High above the Paseo de la Reforma in Mexico City, standing tall among the trees and buildings that line the street's path, is the majestic Monumento a la Independencia. Tourists and city dwellers alike know it as the Angel of Independence, or simply El Ángel. Walk around the monument's base, and you'll find yourself among the final resting places of Mexico's most famous heroes -- Miguel Hidalgo, José María Morelos, Vicente Guerrero, Ignacio Allende and many others. But look skyward and you'll find this victory column's most famous feature of all.
Cast in bronze and adorned with 24-karat gold, this monument's namesake, “Winged Victoria,” floats from the pedestal, a laurel crown clutched in her right hand and a broken chain in her left. A landmark symbol of triumph, freedom and peace, Victoria continues to gather people far and wide in proud remembrance. So, it's no wonder that this work of art has graced Mexico's bullion Libertads since the series began in 1982. And now, for 2017, the Silver Libertad Proof makes its annual return!
With a history that traces back centuries, this 2017 Two-Ounce Silver Libertad Proof coin is the latest in a long line of masterpieces from the Casa de Moneda de Mexico – the world-famous Mexican Mint. You can bring this beautiful piece home struck in two full ounces of 99.9% fine silver, with frosty designs and shimmering fields However, with countless collectors clamoring for these captivating coins, we're anticipating demand to be extremely high. Don't miss out – order yours now!
- A LYRICAL VISION OF TRIUMPH AND HOPE – Like the ones that came before it, these 2017 Silver Libertad features the winged goddess Victoria hovering over Mexico City with the breathtaking landscape of the country beside her. Victoria is also complimented by both the Popocatépetl and Iztaccihuatl volcanoes – named after the two Aztec lovers of legend. The coin’s obverse features Mexico's National Coat of Arms surrounded by 10 smaller versions of the national seal.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – This fabulous Silver Libertad was struck in highly-pure 99.9% silver at the prestigious Mexican Mint (Casa de Mondeda de Mexico), the oldest mint in continuous operation in the Western Hemisphere.
- MEXICO LEGAL TENDER – The Silver Libertad is Mexico legal tender, with a value that is based on the coin's silver spot market value and quoted daily by the Banco de México – in this case it is 2 Onza (2 ounces).
- GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Your 2017 Mexico Two-Ounce Silver Libertad comes in gorgeous Proof condition, meaning it was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
- BEAUTIFUL MINT-BRANDED PACKAGING – Each coin in this 2017 Silver Libertad Proof Set is individually sealed in its own numismatic capsule. All five proofs are then secured inside a finely crafted wood case, specifically made for this Libertad Proof Set!
- TRADITIONALLY LOW MINTAGE – The Mexican Mint set the maximum worldwide limited edition for these two-ounce silver Libertad Proofs at just 3,050. The Mexican Mint is known for releasing only a limited amount of coins every year. While the Libertad is the crown jewel of the mint's schedule, the mintage of these proofs is still very measured compared to those of other similar series around the world -- making this gorgeous coin all the more desirable!
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Mint Name||Mexico Mint|
|Coin Weight||62.2 Grams - g|
|Weight||2 Ounces - oz|