Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 Mexico 5pc Gold Libertad Proof Set
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $3,495.00 $3,391.90
$873.75 / month
Mexico's 2017 Libertad Gold Proofs Are Here in a Gorgeous Five-Piece Set!
High above the Paseo de la Reforma in Mexico City, standing tall among the trees and buildings that line the street's path, is the majestic Monumento a la Independencia. Tourists and city dwellers alike know it as the Angel of Independence, or simply El Ángel. Walk around the monument's base, and you'll find yourself among the final resting places of Mexico's most famous heroes -- Miguel Hidalgo, José María Morelos, Vicente Guerrero, Ignacio Allende and many others. But look skyward and you'll find this victory column's most famous feature of all.
Cast in bronze and adorned with 24-karat gold, this monument's namesake winged Victoria floats from the pedestal, a laurel crown clutched in her right hand and a broken chain in her left. A landmark symbol of triumph, freedom and peace, Victoria continues to gather people far and wide in proud remembrance. So, it's no wonder that this work of art has graced Mexico's bullion Libertads since the series began in 1982. And now, for 2017, the Gold Libertad Proof makes its annual return with a stunning five-piece fractional set!
- A LYRICAL VISION OF TRIUMPH AND HOPE-- Like the ones that came before it, these 2017 Gold Libertads feature the winged goddess Victoria hovering over Mexico City with the breathtaking landscape of the country beside her. Victoria is also complimented by both the Popocatépetl and Iztaccihuatl volcanoes -- named after the two Aztec lovers of legend. Turn each proof over and you'll discover Mexico's National Coat of Arms. In addition, this set's one-ounce proof features the same coat of arms surrounded by 10 smaller versions of the national seal.
- FIVE EXPERTLY CRAFTED PROOFS-- Each gorgeous Gold Libertad is literal proof of the Casa de Moneda de Mexico's reputation for fine artistry and superior quality -- a tradition set in motion since the mint's founding in 1535. Each piece is minted in 99.9% pure gold, the products of hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes. The result is a set of five proofs -- weighing in at one, 1/2, 1/4, 1/10 and 1/20 ounce each -- that exhibits beautifully frosted details that boldly rise from mirror-like fields.
- BEAUTIFUL MINT-BRANDED PACKAGING-- Each piece in this 2017 Gold Libertad Proof Set is individually sealed in its own numismatic capsule. All five proofs are then secured inside a finely crafted wood case, specifically made for this Libertad Proof Set. In addition, you'll also receive a certificate of authenticity from the Casa de Moneda de Mexico.
- TRADITIONALLY LOW MINTAGE -- The Casa de Moneda de Mexico is known for releasing only a limited amount of proofs every year. While the Libertad is the crown jewel of the mint's schedule, the mintage of these proofs is still very measured compared to those of other similar series around the world -- making this gorgeous set all the more desirable!
With a history that traces back centuries, this 2017 Gold Libertad Set is the latest in a long line of masterpieces from the Casa de Moneda de Mexico. However, with countless collectors clamoring for these captivating proofs, we're anticipating demand to be extremely high. Don't miss out -- order yours now!
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Mint Name||Mexico Mint|
|Coin Weight||1.55 Grams - g, 3.11 Grams - g, 7.77 Grams - g, 15.55 Grams - g, 31.1 Grams - g, Various|
|Weight||1/20 Ounce - oz, 1/10 Ounce - oz, 1/4 Ounce - oz, 1/2 Ounce - oz, 1 Ounce - oz|
|Dimensions||16mm, 20mm, 27mm, 33mm, 40mm, Various|