Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 Netherlands 1-oz Silver New York Lion Dollar NGC MS69
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $39.95 $38.77
Celebrating a Historic New World Coin
For a variety of reasons, not the least of which are the languages that are most commonly used in the Americas – English, Spanish, and, to a lesser extent, Portuguese and French – Dutch colonialism is frequently overlooked. Thanks in large part to the power and expansion of the Dutch East India Company, though, the Netherlands once had a vast reach, which included New Amsterdam, or modern-day New York. One of the most common units of exchange throughout their empire was the silver daalder, from which the word "dollar" came. This 2017 Silver Restrike of the Daalder coin offers collectors to the opportunity to own a coin that played an important role in the commerce and development of what would become the financial capital of the United States.
- CELEBRATING A KEY ANNIVERSARY -- This 2017 Restrike New York Daalder round marks the 400th anniversary of the 1617 Utrecht Daalder, after which this coin is modeled.
- CLASSIC LION RAMPANT DESIGN -- Struck from one ounce of 99.99% fine silver, this coin features the historic designs that appeared on the coin that it celebrates. One of those is the lion rampant, which appears on both the Dutch and Belgian coats of arms.
- GEM UNCIRCULATED WITH LION DOLLAR LABEL -- Your coin will be inspected, certified and graded MS69 by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC), one of the world's leading independent grading services. A mint state certification means that your coin is the product of a superb strike that places your coin firmly among the elite of the run! That certification is provided on a label that celebrates the coin.
- A LIMITED OPPORTUNITY -- Just 25,000 pieces were minted.
The discovery and development of the Americas changed the world, and commerce is what made both possible. As students of monetary history are aware, that commerce was based on the exchange of precious metals rather than fiat currencies, as are most commonly used today. Coins like the daalder on which this round is based fueled expansion and growth, laying the foundation for what has become the most successful economy that the world has ever known. Because daalders were issued for circulation, most of those that have survived are well worn. This 2017 Netherlands New York Daalder Restrike coin gives you the chance to own designs that were a part of history. With a low mintage of just 25,000 pieces, though, that opportunity, like the daalder, will soon be history, so order now at GovMint.com!
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Coin Weight||31.10 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|