Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 Netherlands 1-oz Silver New York Lion Dollar Restrike NGC PF70UCAM First Day Of Issue
Celebrating a Historic New World Coin
For a variety of reasons, not the least of which are the languages that are most commonly used in the Americas – English, Spanish, and, to a lesser extent, Portuguese and French – Dutch colonialism is frequently overlooked. Thanks in large part to the power and expansion of the Dutch East India Company, though, the Netherlands once had a vast reach, which included New Amsterdam, or modern-day New York. One of the most common units of exchange throughout their empire was the silver daalder, from which the word "dollar" came. This 2017 Proof Silver Restrike of the Daalder offers collectors to the opportunity to own a coin that played an important role in the commerce and development of what would become the financial capital of the United States.
- CELEBRATING A KEY ANNIVERSARY -- This 2017 Restrike New York Daalder round marks the 400th anniversary of the 1617 Utrecht Daalder, after which this coin is modeled.
- STUNNING PROOF -- Each daalder proof was struck from one ounce of 99.99% fine silver at the Royal Dutch Mint. The coins have a proof finish that brings every detail of the design to life.
- ORIGINAL GOVERNMENT PACKAGING -- Your proof will arrive in the original packaging provided by the Royal Dutch Mint.
- CERTIFIED FLAWLESS WITH LION DOLLAR LABEL -- Your coin will be certified Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC), a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections -- showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended! Grading information is provided on a Lion Dollar label.
- FIRST DAY OF ISSUE – NGC certified that this coin came from the First Day of Issue.
- A LIMITED OPPORTUNITY -- Just 5,000 pieces were minted.
The discovery and development of the Americas changed the world, and commerce is what made both possible. As students of monetary history are aware, that commerce was based on the exchange of precious metals rather than fiat currencies, as are most commonly used today. Coins like the daalder on which this round is based fueled expansion and growth, laying the foundation for what has become the most successful economy that the world has ever known. Because daalders were issued for circulation, most of those that have survived are well worn. This 2017 Netherlands New York Daalder Restrike Proof gives you the chance to own designs that were a part of history. With a low mintage of just 5,000 pieces, though, that opportunity, like the daalder, will soon be history, so order now at GovMint.com!
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Pedigree||First Day Of Issue|
|Coin Weight||31.10 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|