Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 Niue 1 Ounce $2 Silver Battle of Waterloo Antiqued Coin
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $89.95 $87.30
Who Really Won the Battle of Waterloo?
Quick – name the commander who led the British to victory in the Battle of Waterloo. If you said Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington, you have our respect! Most only remember this as the day Napoleon Bonaparte suffered his great defeat, and fail to remember the man who led the opposing army to victory in 1815. Now you can remember Wellesley for all time as part of the Battles that Changed History series!
Struck in a full ounce of 99.9% silver, this colorized, antiqued legal-tender $2 coin displays the Duke of Wellington before a scene of battle. Known as the master of defensive warfare, Wellington’s tactics led to several major victories during his career against numerically superior forces while minimizing casualties to his own army. He put those tactics to use as he led the coalition forces that defeated Napoleon near Waterloo in present-day Belgium and brought an end to Napoleon’s final attempt at European dominance after just 90 days in power.
Just 5,000 of these magnificent coins were struck – far too few for the history buffs and Napoleon enthusiasts who would like a piece of this release, let alone coin collectors who are eager to own one. Get yours before the battle is already lost!
- SECOND RELEASE IN THE BATTLES THAT CHANGED HISTORY COIN COLLECTION-- Get the key second piece of what is already a special collection of antiqued silver coins!
- COLORED IMAGE OF THE GREAT DUKE OF WELLINGTON – The creative design of the Battle of Waterloo Antiqued Silver Coin combines color and engraved elements with an antique finish! It features England’s most revered military hero, the “Iron Duke” himself, Arthur Wellesley, the 1st Duke of Wellington, in full color amid a spectacular silver coin with antique finish. The coin’s obverse features the portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN PURE SILVER – Each Battle of Waterloo Antiqued Silver Coin was struck in one troy ounce of 99.9% silver.
- LEGAL-TENDER COINAGE – These Battle of Waterloo Antiqued Silver Coins are two dollars Legal Tender for the Island Nation of Niue. They were struck at the prestigious New Zealand Mint, a mint known for high quality design and production!
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The Battle of Waterloo Antiqued One-Ounce Silver Coin has a limited edition of just 5,000.
- COMES IN SPECIAL PACKAGING – Your Battle of Waterloo Antiqued One-Ounce Silver Coin comes encased in in antique-looking timber box and a battle-themed outer presentation case. It will also be accompanied by a certificate of authenticity.
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Mint Name||New Zealand Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.1 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|