Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 Niue 1-oz Silver Empire Strikes Back Poster Bar
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $89.95 $87.30
Two Legendary Sagas Continue in One Blockbuster Proof!
Like an x-wing starfighter screaming into view, the original Star Wars blasted into theaters in 1977. Three years later, George Lucas and newly on-boarded director Irvin Kershner delivered the perfect sequel -- The Empire Strikes Back. A deeper, somewhat darker companion to the first film, Empire found the Rebel Alliance under heavy pursuit after the destruction of the Death Star. Not only did it introduce iconic characters like Jedi Master Yoda, Boba Fett and Lando Calrissian, it uncovered deep secrets about Luke Skywalker's origins, raising the stakes for his future.
Fast forward 37 years to 2017. The New Zealand Mint marked the 40th anniversary of the premier of Star Wars with a stunning recreation of the original theatrical poster, minted in an ounce of 99.9% fine silver. It became a huge hit with both coin collectors and Star Wars fans, quickly selling out at the mint. Now, you can own the follow-up to this blockbuster of the coin world -- the 2017 One-Ounce Silver Star Wars Empire Strikes Back Poster Bar Proof!
- THE ORIGINAL THEATRICAL POSTER DESIGN!-- Noriyoshi Ohrais' vision for the 1980 theatrical poster is vividly reimaged, struck in gorgeous color using state-of-the-art technology. Look closely, and you'll see that certain elements of the design are engraved into the silver, adding extra dimension and depth.
- PROOF-MINTED IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER-- The artisans at the New Zealand Mint are known for creating gorgeous works of art, and these poster bars are, quite literally, proof! Beginning as a hand-selected planchet of 99.9% fine silver, each one-ounce proof is struck multiple times by polished dies, resulting in razor-sharp, frosted details that float over mirror-like fields.
- OFFICALLY LICENSED NIUE LEGAL TENDER-- Your 2017 Star Wars Empire Strikes Back Poster Bar Proof is officially licensed by Lucasfilm Ltd. For proof, look no further than the stamped copyright under the poster design! In addition, your proof is also two dollars legal tender for the island nation of Niue, a fact reflected on the obverse along with Ian Rank-Broadley's profile of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- STELLAR ADDITIONS!-- While neither we nor the New Zealand Mint have the technology to deliver your proof in carbonite, we've done the next best thing! Each proof is secured inside a Perspex holder, giving you an incredible combination of protection, visibility and show-stopping presentation. It all comes inside Star Wars-branded packaging, accompanied by a certificate of authenticity.
- LIMITED MINTAGE PROOF -- Only 10,000 of these proofs will be minted for a galaxy of Star Wars fanatics!
Like we mentioned, the previous Star Wars proof in this 40th anniversary series sold out completely at the New Zealand Mint. This Empire proof claims both the same limited mintage and fervent fan base. With one down and the third in the series (Return of the Jedi) on the way, collectors are firmly focused on this spectacular proof. Don't miss your chance -- order your 2017 One-Ounce Silver Star Wars Empire Strikes Back Poster Bar Proof today!
© Disney Produced in cooperation with S&A Partners, an official licensee of Lucasfilm. © & ™ Lucasfilm Ltd.
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Coin Weight||31.1 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|