Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 Niue 2 Dollar 1-oz Silver Warriors of History Proof- Ayyubids
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $89.95 $87.30
The Dynasty that Battled the Crusaders…and Won
The Ayyubid dynasty ruled large areas of the Middle East during the 12th and 13th centuries and was a Sunni Muslim dynasty of Kurdish origin. The Ayyubid dynasty was founded by the son of Najm ad-Din Ayyub, Saladin, who quickly rose to power and pushed back the Crusaders from the port city of Damietta in Egypt. Many battles would take place between the Ayyubids and the Crusaders including the invasion ofJerusalem in 1187. By the end of that year Saldin and his army had conquered almost all the Kingdom of Jerusalem with the exception the coastal city of Tyre, which is in current day Lebanon. The Ayyubids’ territory stretched from Egypt to Syria and extended down the coast of the Red Sea to include Yemen, giving them control over the Red Sea trade routes. In 1260, the Assubid dynasty ended as Al-Afdal Muhammad, the last ruling Abbuyid in Hama in west-central Syria, lost the favor of the Mamluks and was removed from power.
The seventh coin in the 2017 Warriors of History coin collection, the Ayyubid one ounce Silver Proof celebrates these legendary warriors of history. This amazing coin features a colorized Ayyubid warrior dressed for battle. He stands against an antique finish background where you’ll see a line of warriors on horseback charging into battle. The Obverse depicts the profile of Queen Elizabeth II, 2017 and the denomination of $2.
- Seventh Release in the Collection -- Don’t miss out on any of the 2017 Warriors of History coins.
- Struck in One Troy Ounce 99.9% Pure Silver
- Limited Mintage -- Only 5,000 of these coins will be produced by the New Zealand Mint.
- Proof Condition with an Antiqued Colorized Finish -- Using hand-selected planchets, each proof is struck multiple times and then brought to an antiqued finish. The result is a proof that features razor-sharp details and an aged look.
- Legal Tender -- $2 legal tender on the small island nation of Niue located in the South Pacific Ocean.
- Themed Packaging -- Book style packaging, includes an ink drawing of a Ayyubid warrior in battle along with the serialized Certificate of Authenticity.
Even though the Ayyubids and the Crusaders were in many battles, the leaders respected each other. It has been said that after Richard the Lionheart’s horse died in battle, Saladin sent him a new horse. Don’t miss your opportunity to own coin featuring the Ayyubid Warriors. Capture your 2017 Warriors of History ¬-- Mongols One oOunce silver Proof Coin today!
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Mint Name||New Zealand Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.1 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|