Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 Oglala Lakota Sioux 1 Dollar 1-oz Silver Solar Eclipse Proof
Bring the Celestial Event of 2017 Home to Your Collection!
On August 21, 2017, all eyes turned to the sky to catch one amazing show -- the first total solar eclipse visible from the United States in 38 years! Fortunately, no matter where you were in the "lower 48," you had great seats to the day's festivities. Through special glasses and pinhole cameras, millions witnessed an event that won't return to the states until April 2024 at the earliest.
While many got a chance to get a decent look, those that came to the Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota found a spectacular 98% visible view of this cosmic ballet. For the Oglala Lakota Sioux that call Pine Ridge their home, as well as for Native American tribes across the country, an eclipse like this is a truly sacred and momentous occasion. So, to commemorate this historic event, the Oglala Lakota Sioux Nation is issuing this stunning One-Ounce Silver Solar Eclipse Proof!
- COMPELLING COSMIC DESIGN!-- The first thing you'll notice about this coin is its unique curved shape -- forming a convex reverse and a concave obverse. The first of the coin's two designs takes you into space as you look down onto the earth. Here, the position and appearance of the moon's path on August 21, 2017 is traced over the heart of North America. Flip the coin over to discover a gorgeously detailed moon as it takes its place in front of an active sun.
- PROOF-MINTED IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER-- Using polished dies and multiple strikes, the Native American Mint uses state-of-the-art technology to turn hand-selected planchets of 99.9% fine silver into intricate masterpieces featuring rich, vivid color.
- OGALA LAKOTA SIOUX NATION LEGAL TENDER-- Each 2017 proof is one dollar legal tender for the Oglala Lakota Sioux Sovereign Nation. In addition, royalties from the initial sales of these coins will go to support charities within the Lakota Sioux community.
- BEAUTIFUL AND SECURE PACKAGING-- Your 2017 1-oz Silver Solar Eclipse Proof will come secured in its own acrylic numismatic capsule inside a Native American Mint-branded box.
- SOLD OUT AT THE MINT! -- With a mintage limited to only 5,000 coins, these phenomenal proofs are already sold out at the Native American Mint website!
Whether you were front row center for the eclipse or happened to miss the show, a collector of Native American art or someone who appreciates gorgeous and imaginative coin designs, this 2017 Ogala Lakota Sioux Nation 1-oz Silver Solar Eclipse Proof deserves a place in your collection. Don't miss out -- order yours now!
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Coin Weight||31.10 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|